Age verification ideas?
I get a lot of young people joining my forum, and would like to restrict some forum categories to members above a certain age.
What would be the best way to add age verification for existing and new members?
Is there an add-in I could use?
If not, I am thinking of adding:
- a birthdate property in the members profile (not visible to others, and not editable by the member)
- a simple once-only popup that asks for their birthdate
- if member is above a certain age, assigns them the role "Carded"
- restrict certain categories to Carded members
A more fun/ user-friendly way to do it could be
- popup says "Find out your Roman-Chinese Zodiac" and asks for birthdate
- member gets a badge to indicate their starsign, such as Tiger Leo, Horse Libra etc
- member gets a link to a horoscope site
- meanwhile the roles /permissions are set ("Carded") as above
So, not being a programmer myself, I'd like to ask the wise and worldly people here at Vanilla for some ideas on how to implement this. Thanks for any help.