HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2.1 Email notifications no longer contain post content

2»

Answers

• awesome.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Hmm, we tried this fix and it didn't work for us. Any possible older conflicts/other page conflicts you can think of that we might be missing? This does seem to be the solution but it isn't working for some reason.

Sorry to drop the thread so long, had to do a whole bunch of cross-country travel.

• Happy to see it worked for others though, hopeful we just have a small error somewhere. Hunting for it.

• post your config.php with private information such as passwords removed.

have you modified any locales or definitions anywhere.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@ginny42 what version of Vanilla are you running? This config option was added in 2.1.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@hgtonight said:
    ginny42 what version of Vanilla are you running? This config option was added in 2.1.

see the OP :) it says 2.1

its just exceedingly difficult to debug because responses are every few days.

@peregrine said:

1) post your config.php with private information such as passwords removed.
    2) have you modified any locales or definitions anywhere.
    3) do you have these statements in config.php

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Activity']['ShowCommentBody'] = TRUE;   
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Activity']['ShowDiscussionBody'] = TRUE;