HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Yaga 1.0

hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I just released Yaga 1.0. I am officially calling this stable. If you find any issues, let me know what you think either here or on the issue page here: https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/issues

Anything you find I would be more than happy to hear about!

What is new in 1.0?

A detailed changelist can be viewed here: V 1.0 Changelist

I tried to not anything major in the move to 1.0, but here are some highlights:

• Default transport file is now included in the design folder. Import this via the settings page for a fully configured gamification system out of the box.
  • Reaction record will eventually truncate with "and X others."
  • Documentation site available online: http://hgtonight.github.io/Application-Yaga/
  • More descriptive overviews written explaining features in the dashboard

I am pleased to have finally got this thing out the door.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Comments

• Congratulations!

Is there anything on you roadmap?
    The only thing that I could think of would be an API, e.g. to give badges from external applications (could also be a plugin for Yaga).

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Bleistivt said:
    Congratulations!

Is there anything on you roadmap?
    The only thing that I could think of would be an API, e.g. to give badges from external applications (could also be a plugin for Yaga).

I could create a mapping for Vanilla API. Probably wouldn't do that until 2.3 is out though.

More ideas are welcome. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hgt, Thats just such a bold App. I'm so happy it exists. Thank you for blood sweat and tears!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@hgtonight said:
    More ideas are welcome. :)

How about not using single images but a font like font-awesome or some other dingbat font?

I know that single images are easier to maintain for the end user, but with tools like fontello it is quite trivial to get your images into a custom font.

At least using a sprite map for the the images would be great. There are online tools for helping you with that, too

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J said:
    How about not using single images but a font like font-awesome or some other dingbat font?

That should definitely be on my list.

I do want to point out that the reactions uses a CSS sprite. I only use the individual images for the backend editing of actions.

Search first

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Congrats on the big milestone, I'm sure it feels good. :)