Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

About timezones and hour offset

2»

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine said:
    maybe it would be worth copying the entire master global.js to 2.1.x

I have no interest in attempting to QA that mess of changes. That would take some very careful detective work.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@Coinstock said

I just upgraded (and by upgrading, I mean overwriting everything and then re-uploading config.php). Still getting an error related to this exact time zone issue, as shown in the Chrome console for js errors. Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function. It appears right below the line: gdn.url('/utility/sethouroffset.json'),

Any hints? I'm now experiencing the same exact issue as earlier today.

@Linc said:
    I do not get that error in 2.1.2. You might try clearing your browser cache; it should do that automatically with the version increment but I've seen weirder problems.

Lincoln change your houroffset in user table so it does not match your real hour offset. then login as that user, and you can replicate the error.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

At first, I just copied the bit of code from global.js and had similar js errors (submenus not working anymore, no more notifications). So I replaced the entire global.js file with this one and everything worked. Now, the easiest solution is to upgrade, thanks for solving this problem :smile: