HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Pull requests & you

2»

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I have edited the OP to only open pull requests against master branch.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Bumping this up. We do not currently have a PR backlog, and our issue backlog is considerably trimmed.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Linc said:
    I have edited the OP to only open pull requests against master branch.

I did so and now I'm trying to backport all those little fixes I've made against the 2.3 release. This is really annoying...

I expect that there will be a point in time, after 2.3 is released and current, when all the PRs against the master branch will make it into the second to next release (2.5?), but not into the next release (2.4).
    From this time on - to my understanding - all commits to master will not make it to the upcoming version (2.4) and thus must be made against two branches.

That's why I think it is a bad advice to generally commit PRs against master. If there is a branch for the next release, a PR should be made for both branches, otherwise that fix wouldn't be available for OS users in the near future.

That's what I learned today when I took a closer look at 2.3RC1 and found that many known issues with already existing fixes still persist. And that's why I'm going through the list of my own PRs and try to backport them.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2016

That's not accurate. I fork from master at the time I release a beta version of a release. I do not fork for beta until after a final release. So if you add to master while 2.3 is in the pipe, everything you add will be in 2.4.