Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Just upgraded to 2.1.6 and get blank page! Please help.

13»

Comments

• Options

It looks much like FileZilla has been fooling me into having been successful. Now trying to upload complete Vanilla Forum to new directory. FileZilla stops. I start anew. FileZilla asks me if I want to replace a file that already exists. Existing file on server is 0 bytes. File with which to replace it is 91,074 bytes (or something like that.) I bet a lot of my previous problem is that FileZilla made me think everything uploaded OK but it really didn't.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes the fact that the file you are replacing is 0 bytes tells you that only the folder was uploaded or missing the data. Just overwrite everything. Folder by folder .

I also tried CyberDuck but Filezilla had less errors.

You can link up to an existing database or dump a copy and create a new one and add the old database data to that one.

• Options

or use ssh to transfer the zip and extract on site.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine‌ I think I'm not able to use SSH with my host and my plan. I think I tried to go down that path before. I've done a test at ftptest.net and found that my server is not returning at CR+LF as it should. Now I'm on a long tech support call with 1&1 trying to explain that their server is faulty but getting nowhere. It seems that the FireFTP plugin for Firefox works OK.