Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how enable plugin but hide in side panel

Hi There!
This is exactly the plugin I'm looking for. Thanks for making it!

I plan on placing an RSS on my site using the Pockets plugin. When I call the FeedEk using Pockets it displays in the new location perfectly, but the text "RSS Feeds" remains in the side panel.

How do i hide or remove this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

use a web developer tool determine the element and hide it with css.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

of course! thank you. I'll give that a try.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

ok also if show what you did via pocket code and image , you might get a better answer.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

You do not need to use pockets to add this module. It already is a module. you can hide it via css or change the controllers it appears on in the plugin file.

I am not sure why you would put the plugin in inside pockets... it is like putting a module inside another module. I am surprised it even works.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    You do not need to use pockets to add this module. It already is a module. you can hide it via css or change the controllers it appears on in the plugin file.

I am not sure why you would put the plugin in inside pockets... it is like putting a module inside another module. I am surprised it even works.

maybe he wants a different location, and more specific.

all he needs to do is comment out in the default.php $Sender->AddModule($FeedEkModule);

if he want to add via pockets.

but it would be easier to change asset in the FeedEk module - if he wants in i a different asset.

this is one case where an image and a better explanation of the ultimate goal would have been.

• Options
    edited December 2014

You can't sort a pocket, but you can sort a module via configuration. I would choose that route over using a pocket.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24995/tutorial-how-to-change-the-order-of-modules-and-menu-items

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

yes he can sort modules. and put pockets in many locations, but it is still guessing unless he explained the exact location

header, footer, panel content between discussions. section, etc.

one can guess and say one is better than another, but without knowing details it is pointless.

• Options
    intalikintalik New
    edited December 2014

Hey good folks.
    I'll try to give a better explanation:

I'd like to have the option to easily display the FeedEk module on different locations on my website (e.g. above head, top side panel, below main content).

I assumed this was most easily done with the Pockets plugin. So far it's been a breeze to add the FeedEk plugin below my main content as you can see here: http://www.oqalliffik.org

Now look in my side panel at above link, you'll find text that says "RSS Feeds". This is what I want to remove, seeing as it does not get hidden when using pockets plugin to display FeedEk in another location than the stock/standard sidepanel location.

• Options
    intalikintalik New
    edited December 2014

I do not know how to sort modules, nor do i know how to change asset in the FeedEk module

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

go to default.php in FeedEk

change 
    $Sender->AddModule($FeedEkModule);

to

//$Sender->AddModule($FeedEkModule);

are you situated in Greenland?

• Options

@intalik said:
    I do not know how to sort modules, nor do i know how to change asset in the FeedEk module

vrijvlinder posted a link to sorting thing up above.

if you want to change the asset in a module

look for

public function AssetTarget() {
          return 'Panel';
       }

it can be Head, Foot, Content, or Panel

• Options
    intalikintalik New
    edited December 2014

@peregrine said:
    are you situated in Greenland?

Worked perfectly. Thank you very much! Yes, I am in Greenland thumbsup

• Options

You mean to add the same feed in multiple places ?

You can add the feed in the Panel , Foot (below main content), Head(above Menu),Content(before content).

Simply change that in the module for FeedEk class.feedekmodule.php

public function AssetTarget() {
          return 'Panel';
       }

I suppose if you want to put the same feed in multiple places at once, I could figure out how to put it into an array

• Options

@intalik Worked perfectly. Thank you very much! Yes, I am in Greenland thumbsup

thumbs in thick mittens!

• Options

@peregrine said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I would have overlooked that. I'll read through it.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    You mean to add the same feed in multiple places ?

No no. only one feed, but I might want to move it around from time to time. That is what I meant

• Options
    edited December 2014

Yes, ok then just change the code we mentioned it is that easy.

I should work on typing faster...

• Options

@vrijvlinder meet pockets.

thumbs in pockets.

cool plugin feedek. nice job V. I never tried it before.

• Options

Okay! I deleted the RSS Feed Pocket i set up. Changed class.feedekmodule.php from 'Panel' -> 'Content' and all is perfect now.

Mucho appreciatedo

• Options
    edited December 2014

Thanks, and this proves my plugins don't interact adversely with anything, I never knew you could put it in a pocket...and still worked