Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how enable plugin but hide in side panel

Comments

• Options
    intalikintalik New
    edited December 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    Thanks, and this proves my plugins don't interact adversely with anything, I never knew you could put it in a pocket...and still worked

yes. I just called it in the Pocket using <div id="divRss"></div>

The FeedEk module displayed perfectly on my page using the above.

• Options

this turned out to be a lovefest in reactions, and everyone is happy too.

thats vanilla flexibility at its finest.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    Du er meget velkommen!

Vanillaforums guru og du kan dansk! Det er flot vrijvlinder :wink:

• Options

Actually @vrijvlinder, it seems there is a problem. When the FeedEk plugin is enabled the log in/sign up popup window on my page becomes disabled. Meaning it doesnt want to load.

I've disabled the FeedEk plugin for now, so users have access to the log in/sign up popup windows.

• Options

it doesn't happen to me.

do you have a js error in your console.

alternatively you could

$Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup'] = FALSE;

but it still seems odd.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Yea that is odd, I have it on several other forums and have no issues. It should have no effect on login popup at all.

Maybe give a link so I can see what is happening.

• Options

the site is: http://www.oqalliffik.org however FeedEk plugin is now disabled.

I could enable it for the time being if that helps you problem solve

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

• Options

Yes, if you want to find out why that is happening. Otherwise it does not matter.

• Options
    edited December 2014

I am not sure what your theme is but if it is Bootstrap I just found out why possibly you don't see the popup ,

try adding this to the custom.css or the other themes of your theme.

.Overlay > .Popup {
    top: 200px!important;
    left: 0!important;
    z-index: 999999;
    opacity: 1;
    -webkit-transition: -webkit-transform .3s ease-out,opacity .15s linear;
    transition: transform .3s ease-out,opacity .15s linear;
    }

This may be a theme problem. with the FeedEk

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

• Options

Well shoot. I've just reenabled FeedEk plugin but now it won't load the RSS feed. You just see a spinning ball where the feed should have been displayed.

The same spinning ball occurs whether I have you above metnioned code pasted into bootstraps custom.css or not.

• Options

NONO wait. It turns out The browser extension AdBlocker Plus was not allowing FeedEk to display the RSS feed.

Let me try your code again now

• Options
    intalikintalik New
    edited December 2014

unfortunately the above code changes nothing.

Except now however, all the individual RSS feed links are disabled.

• Options
    edited December 2014

Yes add block can block the feed you need to add the url of the feed as an allowed url in Adblock whitelist.

Add that code to the theme you are using. beside the custom.css the theme flatly from bootstrap.

I thought it would work adding it to custom.css but had to add it to the child theme as well for it to work.

I can't test if you disable , sorry.

I have no problems with the feed at all . You need to fix the theme. If you click sign in and you see nothing, there is something, the Overlay for the popup and anything under that will not be clickable .

You can't see the form because the CSS says opacity:0;

To help you edit the theme you need to put the css through a beautifier. CSS in one line is hard to edit. Copy the code in the css file and paste then beautify then copy back to your theme .

http://cssbeautify.com

• Options

Okay I've enabled FeedEk again.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

when you have issues. it is wise to use the most recent version of plugin and/or theme available.
    although it may not solve the problem.

your bootstrap theme is older version.

upgrade your version of bootstrap, then try to troubleshoot.

you have js errors that are killing all js processes.

• Options
    edited December 2014

ok thanks it is as I say , please add this to the custom_flatly.css file please or beautify it and find the code and change 0 to 1. You already have this code in the theme. But because it is one single line it is a real pain in the ass to find things. So adding !important supersedes those other codes. But I suggest you beautify it to have an easier time editing.

.Overlay > .Popup {
    top: 100px!important;
    left: 0!important;
    z-index: 1050;
    opacity: 1!important;
    -webkit-transition: -webkit-transform .3s ease-out,opacity .15s linear;
    transition: transform .3s ease-out,opacity .15s linear;
    }

• Options

also it is better to write the programs this way in the Feedek js

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

not this way...

$(document).ready(function() {