HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Beware the 4-spacening this week (25 May)

13»

Comments

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

Why did you get rid of the include guards?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited June 2015

@businessdad said:
    I've never seen a database using camelCase

Our preference would be all lowercase.

@Bleistivt said:
    Why did you get rid of the include guards?

Not sure what change that is in reference to.

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

@Linc the exit(); on top of every file. But I just noticed that files with side effects (views) still have them which is a good thing.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Bleistivt said:
    Linc the exit(); on top of every file. But I just noticed that files with side effects (views) still have them which is a good thing.

Right, we removed those checks for files that contain only declarations. There wasn't really any benefit there.

• phpBB also doesn't use the defined/exit on classes like linc says there is no point.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

All is merged.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Exciting!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

There were only 5 typos and only 1 of them was a maddening, hours-long debug. :dizzy:

• @businessdad said:
    No chagrin. "StegoCase" is ok to read, unlike camelCase (it's one of my pet peeves about Java[Script]). I've never seen a database using camelCase, and I hope that I will never do. :)

Yeah not hot on camelCase. I think underscores are best for readability, you don't have issue with acronym and double letters. I was initially averse and now totally won over. Title case for classes, and underscores for method properties and functions, All caps an underscore for constants.

I admire the python community, for setting an overall standard. Switching between standards, is a pain. There is something to be said for strictly enforcing a syntax after it is established. There is too much time wasted on stuff like this.

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@x00 said:
    I admire the python community, for setting an overall standard.

That is why we've switched to PSR-1 and PSR-2 (mostly), the generally agreed on PHP community standards now.

• Talking about conventions, there is no locale namespaceing. Sometimes I use a prefix with a dot. Locale namespacing is useful especially with common words.

grep is your friend.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Can you say anything about the progress of the code change?

From time to time I see things that need to be changed (e.g. the anchor function seems to be lower case in all Vanilla applications files but not yet in the plugins)

I'm unsure if I shall create PRs because of some StegoCases I find or just wait until you say "finished!" Is there a date planned like "before 2.2rc1" or something like that?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited June 2015

@R_J said:
    Can you say anything about the progress of the code change?

We're done with the sweeping change for now. Fix 'em as you find 'em in code you change.