Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Update from 2.1.10 to 2.2b1 Problem

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭
    edited July 2015

Ok, new try... :awesome:

1. I copied the existing forum and DB (2.1.10) and put them together to work, also I changed the Cookie Name and Salt!
    2. In the copy I updated the Forum with the 2.2b1 Files
    3. I turned debug on with $Configuration['Debug'] = true;
    4. I did "myforum.de/utility/update"
    5. I got an Success, but this warnings:

1. Forum looked fine, everything ok
    2. now I logged out from the Forum
    3. Then, when I then press the "sign in" button it pops ups just the sign in div without any Input (as shown here) AND AFTER TWO SECONDS it redirects me to the old Forum to sign in!!!
    4. If I rename the old forum folder and try the above once again, I get the famous "This webpage has a redirect loop" error...

I catch this before it redirects with "Firefox Inspect element":

It replaces the location to the old forum!!! Whyyyy!?!?!? :D:D:dizzy:
    The old forum url is "http://caba.de/CaBaFoRuM" and the new "http://caba.de/CaBaFoRuMtest"

I also tried everything with, and without the .htaccess Files.... no changes in behaviour...

Does somebody know how to stop this replacement? In the config.php there is nothing to find related to that URL... :O

p.s.: I also did delete the old config.php and made the new install setup with db name etc. So it should not be an plugin issue...

p.p.s.: You can test it yourself: go to http://caba.de/CaBaFoRuMtest/ and klick "sign in" or "register"

• Options

Hehe... have the feeling, I'm talking to myself... :awesome:
    Just a small Notice:
    I also disabled "Allowoveride" in Apache2 to be shure, no .htaccess is messing somewhere else... ;)

• Options
    edited July 2015

OK, Try number 34567... :D:D

I did a fresh install of Vanilla Forum 2.2b1 with a empty DB
    Everything works fine!!! Login and register also!!! :awesome::surprised:

Now i did just change the database... from the empty one to the, from 2.1.10 converted 2.2b1 DB!!! AAAnnnd there is the Login/Register error again!!!

So something is stored in the DB, that causes this issue... i think... :O

p.s.: could it be something related to the fact, that I was coming from a phpBB Forum??

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Try to export the db and search for the URL of your original forum

• Options

Ha! So easy and so genius!!! ThX, RJ... :* :*

in the DB Export file I found one entry in "GDN_Comment", witch can be ignored, but I found the critical URLs, both for signin and registry in "GDN_UserAuthenticationToken" !!!
    So what the F...inger is that?? :confused:
    Looked into phpmyadmin and it turns out there is an Leftover from "jsconnect plugin"!!!
    I used that plugin for some experiments in the past, but its off for a long time!!

If THIS is the answer.... THEN, ladies and Gentleman... how the Germans would say, "Then I wash my hands in innocence..." :lol::lol::lol:

Can I just delete that DB Entry??
    I'll try that on Monday.... now its so a lovely and Sunny Day... despite that I'm anxious as hell if that is the error, I have to go out to make some sports and get some Vitamin D... :lol:

ThX again, RJ... hope this is it!!!
    Are You from Germany? If so, let me buy you 3 Beers, just tell me where to find you... I'll come with my Bike... Germany is not so big.... :lol::lol:

• Options

Falls du das Oktoberfest besuchen solltest, kannst du mich ganz in der Nähe von der Wiesn in einer Kellerkneipe am Kicker finden ;)

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J said:
    Falls du das Oktoberfest besuchen solltest, kannst du mich ganz in der Nähe von der Wiesn in einer Kellerkneipe am Kicker finden ;)

Ich glaube mir verpassen ein Witz; aber ich werde zum Oktoberfest. :awesome:

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

No joke there, just a short description on where to find me if you happen to visit the Okoberfest ;)

• Options

Hahaaa!!! YESS!!! That was it!!!! :+1::awesome::awesome:
    This must be an issue of the b1, cause the JSConnect Plugin was definitely off!!

@R_J : Ein paar Bierchen sind Dir sicher, ob am Oktoberfest, oder woanders... :lol:
    Wenn Du in FFM bist, klingel mal durch... :wink::lol:

ThX, RJ, and all you other Girls n Guys... :heart::heart:

p.s.: have to correct myself: the URL was found in GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider !!