Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Users Unable to Sign Out

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015

Ok! I think I have another lead. Below is a sequence of images showing the cookies that our forum creates on sign-in in Firefox. You'll notice that two of the cookies are set to expire at end of session, and two are set to expire at future dates.

Sometimes you can sign out once, and sign back in again. If so, you get two more cookies.

After this point, you can no longer sign out.

We've added a few lines to our config.php, but they're not helping any. Here they are:

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Salt'] = '*******';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = 'hivejump.com';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Name'] = 'hiveforumcookie';
    $Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Path'] = '/community';

Any more thoughts @hgtonight or @x00 ?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

How do you have your server rules set up for serving on non-www and www?

When you have your issue, are you on a different sub-domain than you were previously? Meaning http://www.hivejump.com vs http://hivejump.com?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2015

@mattdonatelli

$Configuration['Garden']['Cookie']['Domain'] = '.hivejump.com';

Notice the .

BTW change your salt! Salt is secret.

Just to report I didn't repeat the issue with linux firefox.

The two hiveforumcookies is the issue though.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I did notice if I tried to sign in without "keep me singed in" you appear to be signed out until you refresh the page.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Ok I am replicating the issue, but with he added step of refreshing the page after signing out.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I no longer have to refresh the page to replicate.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I think it is being redirected before it even reaches the entry/signout controller method. It is not even registering having gone there in network traffic.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@mattdonatelli said:
    So I've found that if I manually go to http://hivejump.com/community/index.php?p=/entry/signout in my address bar, that the user gets successfully logged off.

This isn't workign for me. It seem to be some kind of race condition to produce such variable results.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2015

if you are using opcache or apc please disable them. Any opcode cache/accelerator disable.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Can a moderator please remove the salt I posted above?

Also, I will look into the things you've suggested and report back. Thanks!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@mattdonatelli said:
    Can a moderator please remove the salt I posted above?

I redacted it, but you should still change it on your end.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

APC caching appears to be enabled. Do you know of a safe way to disable it for Vanilla? Or do I have to do it for the whole server?

And if so, how? Do I disable it via a php5.ini, or a .htaccess? What's the code line for that?

Thanks again for all the help.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2015

try adding this line to the top of .htaccess.

php_flag apc.cache_by_default Off

check if its disabled

<?php
    if(extension_loaded('apc') && ini_get('apc.enabled'))
    {
        echo "APC enabled!";
    }
    else
    {
        echo "APC disabled!";
    }

grep is your friend.

• Options

I tried putting that code in the top of the .htaccess file in my Vanilla install. I got this error when trying to navigate to the site.

Am I putting it in the wrong spot?

• Options

Don't worry @hgtonight! I changed the salt! Thanks for redacting it.

Now if only I could figure out why these cookies aren't clearing on the end of the session...