Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

What does running the following do: /index.php?p=/utility/update

I just upgraded to 2.1.12p3 on my development server and everything seemed to be working okay before I ran /index.php?p=/utility/update, so I was just wondering, what does updating the utility actually do?

Tagged:
Reddice

Comments

• LincLinc Director of Development Detroit Vanilla Staff

It makes sure your database is up to date.

• Up to date meaning it adds additional tables/rows/columns that the new release might need and/or updating old ones? Just curious.

I'm really enjoying Vanilla - thanks for building it.

• K17K17 Unkorneglosk - Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

@gratiafide a dit :
    Up to date meaning it adds additional tables/rows/columns that the new release might need and/or updating old ones? Just curious.

They update the Vanilla's database to correspond to tour version of Vanilla, all changés needed.

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

Correct. Vanilla as well as plugins define a structure for the database. This definition is "reread" when you call this function.

• K17K17 Unkorneglosk - Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@K17 a dit :
    They update the Vanilla's database to correspond to tour version of Vanilla, all changés needed.

(I don't like my phone corrector) *to your versions [...]all changes needed.
    I needed to do this to prevent bonk errors.

• @gratiafide said:
    Up to date meaning it adds additional tables/rows/columns that the new release might need and/or updating old ones? Just curious.

Yes schema.

grep is your friend.