Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What does running the following do: /index.php?p=/utility/update

I just upgraded to 2.1.12p3 on my development server and everything seemed to be working okay before I ran /index.php?p=/utility/update, so I was just wondering, what does updating the utility actually do?

Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It makes sure your database is up to date.

• Up to date meaning it adds additional tables/rows/columns that the new release might need and/or updating old ones? Just curious.

I'm really enjoying Vanilla - thanks for building it.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

@gratiafide a dit :
    Up to date meaning it adds additional tables/rows/columns that the new release might need and/or updating old ones? Just curious.

They update the Vanilla's database to correspond to tour version of Vanilla, all changés needed.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Correct. Vanilla as well as plugins define a structure for the database. This definition is "reread" when you call this function.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@K17 a dit :
    They update the Vanilla's database to correspond to tour version of Vanilla, all changés needed.

(I don't like my phone corrector) *to your versions [...]all changes needed.
    I needed to do this to prevent bonk errors.

• @gratiafide said:
    Up to date meaning it adds additional tables/rows/columns that the new release might need and/or updating old ones? Just curious.

Yes schema.

grep is your friend.