Please what should I do to fix this?
Check the permissions for users in the Dashboard.
Thanks for your quick response @whu606. I have users permissions enabled. Still won't allow users to log in
Did you run the database structure upgrade, and utility update?
Your members definitely have sign in ticked in permissions?
Yes I did run database structure upgrade and utility update. In roles and permissions, I have sign in ticked for users. Still don't know what the issue could be
Is it affecting all users, including you as Admin?
Can you check that the login details for the database in config.php are correct?
It's affecting all users plus 3 other test accounts I created. Will reply soon on the config.php
Have you set
$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;
in your config.php file?
Canonical Url: http://www.6ters.com/profile/6ters
31 queries in 0.0435025691986s
Gdn_Model->getWhere(array('UserID' => '6')) slave 0.001422s
from vf_User User
where UserID = '6';
That's the first result displayed for the debug
This is what i get when i try to do utility/structure
I have tried it over and over but still get the instruction to update
yes. that part is buggy. it is misleading
but it may not have to do with your issue. I see the 3 updates on a few sites. that dont affect signing in. so it may be a confusing red herring.
otoh - maybe it does indicate something.
in any event,...
try the standard troubleshooting steps for your signin issue. see the FAQ.
I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.
The recurring structure change prompt is a know issue that should be unrelated.
Confirm your effected users still have correct roles, and re-confirm those role(s) have the Garden.SignIn.Allow permission selected. That's almost certainly the source of that error.
@Linc Thanks for attending to this. all users still have their roles intact but i'm still getting the same error as it is in the first image above
what version of php?
what kind of authentication?
what is the role id number of the users who can't sign in?
if you want to focus and experiment and debug now let me know! if you don't have time to focus I don't have time
1- check your permissions table the first few rows.
what values do you have in the first 8 rows for
post both the value in the roleid column and the Garden.SignIn.Allow
for rows 1 thru 8
2 look in
change line 169
$this->Form->addError('ErrorPermission - 169');
change line 918
$this->Form->addError('ErrorPermission - 918');
change line 1135 to :
then report your errormessage.
@peregrine please i'm ready. will post the error reports in minutes
@peregrine Dont seem to understand what you mean by _**"post both the value in the roleid column and the Garden.SignIn.Allow
for rows 1 thru 8"**_
But this is what i have for role id
role id = 8
This is the result when a regular member try to sign in
my version of php is php 5.4