Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to include discussion pages into sitemap?

A.ChakeryA.Chakery New
edited March 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

Would you please tell me if there a way tominclude discussions into the sitemaps ?

Thank you

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

No, and according to Google, there's no reason to do this.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• thank you :)

• A.ChakeryA.Chakery New
    edited May 2016

Just FYI I tested this issue in 6 wordpress websites... 3 with posts included in sitemap and 3 not included...

The difference in google search results where so huge... I mean when posts are included, the indexation rate is so high and your links appear in google search so much faster.

Please note that all of these websites has almost the same age , the same theme , same server and SEO configurations.

So based on my experience it DOES matter if we include post URLs in google sitemap...

(NOTE: This is a personal experience therefore I might be wrong)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@A.Chakery said:
    Just FYI I tested this issue in 6 wordpress websites... 3 with posts included in sitemap and 3 not included...

Wordpress is completely different. Vanilla forums are explicitly a tree structure with a root.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.