Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to edit the filter menu?

Hi guys how do i edit ex. the name and add more links ex. my bookmarks and unread posts?

screenshot - https://qas-shared-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/snaps/qycn1hkl3vaq0k9

which file should i playaround?

Id like to add bookmarks and unread posts and it would be really cool if i can include the correspending counters also, not just plain links.

Thanks

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please don't bother posting links with automatic downloads… that is unsafe and unnecessary. No one wants to download some crap they don't know about.

@Linc or someone please delete that link which is an automatic download and could contain malware or viruses.

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited March 2016

sorry i dont know what you mean about automatic download , im using a plugin for googlechrome to take screenshot it automatically uploads the photo, i just copied it. plugin site is https://qsnapnet.com/

addtionally:
    i tested the link using incognito and firefox (it doesn't automatically download) it opens in a new window to show the photo. :o

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

When I clicked the link it downloaded the file to my computer. And I could not block it. That is abuse. Don't do it.

Either way, do not post links to external sites for images or anything of the sort like paste bin . Why ? Because it is a waste of time and it helps no one . Post a link to your forum.

How hard is it to post the image here ????? Is that link going to remain available for 100 years or however long this forum is going to run ?

The point of this forum is users help others. You are not helping others or yourself by not posting the screenshot here and making people have to go somewhere else potentially infected sites or malware sites.

As for your question, look at the plugins in the addon section. There is a plugin for everything you ask and more. Just do some searching.

• Thank you =)

once again, it wasn't intentional.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

I don't understand what you mean by "Filter menu", are you talking about the side panel, the menu bar, something else?

Perhaps you can circle the picture (and of course include it here.

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited March 2016

thanks you for your reply.

sorry im a newbie, yes those links in the side menu.

example i want to rename MyDiscussion into My Threads then aside from that how can i add additional links e.x My Bookmarks.

lastly off topic question : i love the default theme but it's not responsive for mobile, is there a way i can use the bootstrap theme for MOBILE only? Then the classdefault as my main theme for desktop.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

You asked many questions - I may have answers to few of them:

• Adding entries to the side menu - see the Side Panel Links plugin. You can use it or look at the code and do it yourself.
    • Adding entries to the menu bar - see the Add Menu Items plugin
    • Renaming - Look at translations -- See this discussion
    • Themes - That's both a matter or taste, finding a responsive theme. I use VBS3.
      Here are some options to consider:
      -* using different themes for mobile or desktop
      -* Using the Mobile Tweaks plugin
      -* using Pockets (and being very careful at that!) to inject HTML (differently into mobile and the desktop)

I highly recommend the CSS Tweaks plugin for testing CSS changed.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

i want to rename MyDiscussion into My Threads

Add a definition to the /conf/locale.php file: $Definition['My Discussions'] = 'My Threads';

how can i add additional links e.x My Bookmarks

Bookmarks should show up after you have bookmarked something.

is there a way i can use the bootstrap theme for MOBILE only?

Place the following in your /conf/config.php file: $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'bootstrap';

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• thank you very much .. ty ty

how can i add additional links e.x My Bookmarks

Forgot that one - if you refer to personal bookmarks - hgtonight gave you the correct answer above. If you are looking for a Global Bookmarking feature see the Discussion Alert plugin.

• Great and thanks for the tip vbs3 it looks great.

I'm almost done, how can i add Unanswered similar to this forum, it would be cool also if i can add the counters or number of unread discussions.

how can i add Unanswered

See the Q&A plugin.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@rbrahmson sorry for the cross post, good info.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

NP, you are waaaaay more knowledgable than me and besides, the more help @maxyaeger gets, the better.