Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Some Results from running RelevantTitle plugin on rss-imported Vanilla forum discussions

This discussion is related to the RelevantTitle addon.
rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one"NY ✭✭✭

I used the Feed Discussions plugin to import the Vanilla Community discussions for the last month into a test forum and then I set the RelevantTitle plugin rule to require that the discussion title should have at least two relevant words within the discussion body. I then ran the RelevantTitle report getting with results:

    RelevantTitle plugin Conformance Report.

    Title size rules: Minimum Relevant words:2

1. Title:**How can I put an anti Adblock** Error:The title should have at least 2 related words in the discussion content. Only found related word: "Anti" . (ignoring:"Can" "I" "An" ).
2. Title:**StopForumSpam blocks silently **Error:The title should have at least 2 related words in the discussion content. Only found related word: "Stopforumspam" . 
3. Title:**Porter : From french VBulletin** Error:The title should have at least 2 related words in the discussion content .
4. Title:**BBCode Not Working** Error:The title should have at least 2 related words in the discussion content. Only found related word: "Bbcode" . (ignoring:"Not" ).

    33 records were scanned. 4 non-conforming listed above.

Clearly this is a small sample (33 records). Of the 33 analyzed discussions 4 failed the test.

I then went to check these four discussions to see what was happening:

  1. Reflects a user input typo - the discussion body has the word "adbloc" while the title has "Adblock".
  2. One word (StopForumSpam) was found in the discussion. The body does not have any variants of the other title words.
  3. None of the title words appear in the discussion where the user acknowledge weakness in English.
  4. This case possibly represents the rationale for the plugin - "bbcode not working" is a very non-descriptive title

In a forum when the plugin is set to enforce the rules, when users try to save a discussion they will get a prompt to reword the title and include in it at least two words that appear within the discussion body. Hopefully this will lead to better and more descriptive titles (and/or discussion content).

The plugin is currently in beta - feedback is welcome (and thanks to those who are trying it).

Comments

Sign In or Register to comment.