Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Vanilla 2.3 fully supports PHP 7. Get it now!
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

Countdown 1.2

This discussion is related to the Countdown addon.
old_manold_man New
edited January 29 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.2

The existing discussions on this are ancient, and don't address my question, so creating a new one.

I've downloaded this, installed it, enabled it, put in the settings, but for the life of me can't figure out how you insert it so it appears in a discussion. Maybe the plug-in is just not working, but I feel like I'm just missing something basic. Can anyone walk me through what's supposed to happen for a user when they open a new discussion and want to insert a countdown?

In the settings, I kept the text [COUNTDOWN], and then just added after that the text I want to follow it.

In the date field, I put the time and date the event will occur. I picked our time zone, NYC.

Alas, there is no prompt when I try to create a new discussion.

Thanks.

PS, I see my first effort, commenting on an earlier discussion has popped up on the general board too. My bad. I saw the "necro" on the Countdown page, and did not realize that meant it was going up on the general board. I thought it meant it was NOT going anywhere. Sorry for the clutter.

Comments