Vanilla 3.0 is now available (Updated 3.0.2)
Without further ado:
- New Rich Editor features and improvements.
- 100s of bug fixes.
- Many medium-severity security issues reported via our HackerOne campaign are now resolved.
- Improved default cache headers.
- Deprecated some old classes, and removed some already deprecated ones.
- Laid the groundwork for a new drafts & reaction systems.
- Image upload limits.
- Improvements to the Keystone theme.
- Google SignIn.
- Better SEO and performance w/ the
Please note the next comment containing breaking changes in this release. Many sites will be unaffected by these changes, but please read the notes to see if additional steps will be needed for your site.
- Vanilla 3.0 requires PHP 7.1 which is a change from earlier versions. We strongly recommend upgrading to PHP 7.3 as soon as possible. Many hosting plans allow a seamless transition via their control panel.
- Follow the normal upgrade process, including running /utility/update.
- Follow additional specific upgrade instructions.
- Test your plugin & theme compatibility in a safe place before upgrading your production forum.
Get over in the addon directory. https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/vanilla-core-3.0.2