Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

FCKeditor WYSIWYG in Vanilla

Comments

• Options
    Hi everybody! I'm a french user of Vanilla, so, forgive me for my bad english. Recently, I've installed FCKeditor, it's a really good add-on, but I have a problem... The color! I can't use any color! I've tried by write: <span style="color:green;">{content}</span>. But it's not the solution... and I don't find her! -_-' So, I really need your help! Thanks, Krevan.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    open up settings.php
    look for this line
    'span' => array('align' => 1, 'class' => 1, 'title' => 1),
    replace it with this one
    'span' => array('align' => 1, 'class' => 1, 'title' => 1, 'style' => 1),

or u can get the updated version 1.65. I added a text color button. It doesn't use valid xhtml though. it uses the font tags *yuck thoo* why does both xinha and fckeditor still use font tags for color
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The style attribute is striped out by the kses formatter. and can't really be used. There is a bug colons in attributes: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=805959&group_id=81853&atid=564258 (Haven't try the fix described) However, it is a bag idea to allow the style attribute since anybody would be able to change the content of the page. If you need it, you can and the style attribute in list of allowed attribute and try the fix described on the page, or use sirnot html formatter instead of the kses one. The best solution is to use the font tag that is harmless.
  • Options
    yeah i added the textcolor button in fckeditor
    so he should use that instead.
  • Options
    Ok thanks a lot! I'll try to install version 1.65. If I've a problem, I'll tell you again! Regards, Krevan.
  • Options
    Hello there, I installed Vanilla on a specific config : system : Unix (HP-UX 11) Apache 2.0 Handler PHP : Version 4.3.8 MySQL : 3.23.49 I got no problem with Vanilla (1.0.1), and no more with some add-ons. But... i got some with FCKeditor. More exactly with kses. When I write www.google.com (for example) the code is :<a href="www.goolgle.com">www.goolgle.com</a> When I submit, datas are well saved (in de DB). But I can't see the result in vanilla. When i click on an other discussion, I got it on screen, but when i click on the discussion where i send the message with the link, i got a blank page (message from the browser - IE6 : "Impossible to show the page") I have to turn off the FCKeditor add-on to see the message. I got the same problem with : <font color="#ff0000">text</font> The problem seems to be from this caracter : " Somebody could help me ?
  • Options
    can u give me the link to ur forum or that page
    have u tried it with Firefox.
  • Options
    I can't 'cause it a private website. But, i juts done it. With Firefox, when i submit (or go to the discussion), FF try to download a file : comments.php. If i download it, the file is empty...???
  • Options
    For instance, i turned on the "FCKeditor" add-on this some changes :
    In default.php :
    at the beginning :
    //require(FCKEDITOR_PATH . 'settings.php');

and at the end :
    //$Context->StringManipulator->Formatters = array();
    //$Context->StringManipulator->GlobalFormatters = array();
    $Context->Configuration['DEFAULT_FORMAT_TYPE'] = "Html";
    //$FCKeditorFormatter = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewObject($Context, "FCKeditorFormatter", $FCKeditor_allowed_tags, $FCKeditor_allowed_protocols);
    //$Context->StringManipulator->AddManipulator("FCKeditor", $FCKeditorFormatter);

And I turned on the "HtmlFormatter" add-on without change...
    If somebody knows an other solution...
  • Options
    why would u use htmlformatter with fckeditor
  • Options
    Because the kses module don't work with my config...
  • Options
    I do not know how to use the settings.php file to override the allowed tags in htmlformatter for now u can comment out all kses code and it will work with htmlformatter.
  • Options
    Hi there. First of all: Nice work! But it does not seem to work in Safari on Mac. It works fine in Firefox. I'm using Safari 2.0.4 on OS X 10.4.8. Plug-Ins and Java-Scripts are enabled within Safari. Does anybody have the same problem or any ideas how to solve this? Thanks.
  • Options
    Take a look here
  • Options
    Great extension...just one question. Right now my FCKeditor forces the text box to be active (i.e., there's a cursor) on each page. As a result, the page view always jumps down to the text box...even when someone is viewing a page for the first time and would like to view the thread from the top.

This also prevents the 'Top of Page' link from working.

Anyway to prevent the text area from defaulting to active?
  • Options
    open config.js and change this parameter to false FCKConfig.StartupFocus = false ;
  • Options
    Sweet, thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    @MySchizoBuddy I've set that parameter and the page still jumps down to the editor. Any possible causes for this?
  • Options
    prolly cause u still have the old config in ur cache. clear all ur cache and try again
  • Options
    Ok, well Ive figured out what was happening. Is there a way to force Vanilla to go to the first post when visiting a discussion from the front page - instead of the latest one?
This discussion has been closed.