Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

FCKeditor WYSIWYG in Vanilla

Comments

• Options
    Sort of like a global over-ride to...
    Account -> Discussion list options -> Jump to the last read comment when clicking on discussion topic
  • Options
    Yeah, if you uncheck the option that Wanderer just mentioned you'll always start at the beginning of the discussion/page
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I just installed this and it has:

$Head->AddScript('js/FCKeditor/editor/plugins/Hints/show_hints.js'); $Head->AddStyleSheet("js/FCKeditor/editor/plugins/Hints/hints.css");
    Which doesn't come with the plugin source. Mispackage, or leftover code?

I'd also like to inquire if anyone has had success changing the skin files?

I duplicated the silver theme, renamed as dark and then did
    -FCKConfig.SkinPath = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'skins/silver/' ; +FCKConfig.SkinPath = FCKConfig.BasePath + 'skins/dark/' ;
    in the plugins/FCKEditor/config.js file -- but to no avail, it would not switch. (Using default or office2003 didn't seem to "take" either.)

Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    damn remove the hints code its not suppose to be there clean ur browser cache. It works fine
  • Options
    clean ur browser cache. It works fine
    Damn, you're right. The whole "iframe of content" method they use really fucks over skin designers because you have to clear your cache EVERY reload, or just turn it off for the duration of the development of a theme >.<
  • Options
    I just starting using this instead of bb insert... It works great, especially for people that dont do the code thing, everything is easily layed out and opens popups with options... Great job everyone
  • Options
    Getting FCKeditor to work in Vanilla is great - thank you all! For me, a WYSIWYG editor is essential.

I get an error message at the moment when loading any discussion:

Error Loading /Vanilla/js/FCKEditor/editor/plugins/Video/lang/en.js
    However when I hit OK the page loads fine; it doesn't interfere with the functionality at all, which works ok. Any ideas on this?
  • Options
    How can I add more smilies? I have the vanillacons extension and I would like to use some of those and some other ones that I have... Any Ideas?
  • Options
    Ed u haven't moved the included video folder to its right place Waterski there is a folder of smilies in fckeditor, add ur imges in it. and then u have to call those images from fckconfig.js file. open up that file u'll see code for smilies just add filenames of the ones u want to use
  • Options
    Do not do it manually, go to Settings/Vanillacons and click the Rebuild Vanillacons button...

You can upload unlimited smilies to the smilies directory, but you will have to rebuild the smilies.js and smilies.php file by clicking the rebuild button.

Be warned and don't deapair, these icons are very well cached, it might take a while for the new ones to appear.
  • Options
    Wanderer he wants to use the icons that comes with vanillicons in fckeditor
  • Options
    how can i user FCKeditor for Post.php only?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before... FCKeditor does not work in Safari or Firefox 2 (Mac obviously)

Yes I disabled HTML Formatter and Quick Tags.

Nothing showed up near the comments box, no errors, nichts, nada, 没什么, τίποτα, niente, rien...

Further, when I disabled FCKeditor, the relevant include line in conf/extensions.php was not removed, I had to do it manually.

Pity, it looks like a very useful toolbar.

Posted: Friday, 22 December 2006 at 11:49AM (AEDT)

• Options
    It doesn't work in fx2 Mac? Wow, that is strange, and here I thought fx2 was supposed to be cross platform *shakes head and sighs*
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    remove SimpleStyles from config.js file then it works in FX2 on mac apparently new version of fckeditor is no longer working with Styles features. Even the demo on their website doesn't work. @guest remove comment.php from default.php file, and leave only post.php in it
  • Options
    remove comment.php from default.php file, and leave only post.php in it
    Is that what I need to do to prevent the edit field appearing on the bottom of each comment page?
    (cos that is what I want). If so, which default.php? - I looked in the one in the FCKeditor directory - couldn't see comment.php mentioned

Ideally, I'd like to just have a 'reply' button that opens the post page - is there another way of doing this?
  • Options
    Is there any way to have it so that people can still use the Tab button to go down to the Add your comments button? Using this editor, it just inserts 3(4?) spaces and they have to manually click the Add your comments button with their mouse.
  • Options
    goxonlinegoxonline New
    edited January 2007
    hi, i use opera, any idea why i cant see the FCKeditor on opera?
  • Options
    fckeditor doesn't work for opera
  • Options
    Anyone have experience with setting ImageUpload and ImageBrowser to 'true' in the FCKeditor config.js file? I can't figure out the documentation over at the official FCKeditor wiki.

If I set those to true where where are the images put? Can I specify that?
This discussion has been closed.