Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User Wall -- give your users a Facebook-style wall (guestbook)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2006
    in that case me try it out then. :) good work I don't really like to use third party stuff. Some request. Alternate table color Better yet call it testimonials. this way users won't be having conversation in the wall. If its a testimonial they will post once and leave. Check to see if user has no comments. if no comments display "the user doesn't have any testimonials. be the first to post one" a check box if the testimonial is positive or negative. that way we can see how many people like or hate a particular user. like in amazon where every one reviewing, posts a comment and a vote. Make commenting optional. instead give the user another option. "I like this user" or "I don't like this user" let them pick one (with out commenting) and move on.
  • Options
    That sounds like a different extension altogether. My code would be a good starting point, I suppose -- go ahead and do that if you want, since mine is GPL! -- but I'm not really going in that direction currently.
  • Options
    @ Pol:
    I would really like to see it only allowing members to comment. Are you planing to implement this?
  • Options
    PolPol
    edited November 2006
    @ Tex:

/me smacks forehead
    /me uploads Beta 4

:)
  • Options
    Hey Pol, nice one :)

I've tried it and noticed two small details:
    - First time you go on an account page after having enabled the extension, you get a Division by zero at line [I didn't note which line :/].
    - It would be nice to hide the two rows displaying the numbers of comments when there's no comment. When you first see an account page, you really wonder what are the two 0 separated by a line.

Also, would it be possible to allow posting comments only for a particular role?
  • Options
    @ Pol:

Great. Thanks for being so fast. :)
  • Options
    You could just use the Private Accounts Extension?
  • Options
    PolPol
    edited November 2006
    Ok, I uploaded Beta 5. Now the ability to comment on walls is role-based. (The default, of course, is yes, except for Unauthenticated users.) It also gives a more helpful explanation when there are no comments on a user's wall.

@ Ø: Can you duplicate the divide by zero thing? It would be really helpful to know the line number.
  • Options
    I just tried the extension. Installation was fine, but when I add a comment, it just displays "1". Using the Beta 5.
  • Options
    PolPol
    edited November 2006
    It's surprising how often functionality-altering bugs are caused by a missing set of parentheses, eh? :)

Fixed in Beta 6.
  • Options
    Could you add an email notification when new messages are posted? This is pretty common with all the community-based sites I've seen...get's users to come back to the site and check what's been added to their profile.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's planned, as I mentioned in the first post.
  • Options
    would it be too much to ask for you to post an update on the current features that are working with your extension now? It gets a little cluttered with all the posts lol.
  • Options
    @Pol - Woops, sorry I missed that above.
  • Options
    Excellent job with this! Can anyone think of creative ways to remind users of this functionality? Something like "Write on this users wall" while reading a discussion.
  • Options
    Good idea misery, a "wall" link, displayed at the same place than permalink, quote, edit, etc. would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    Another possible feature would be editing the comments one made. So you don't have to delete and rewrite it when you did a mistake.
  • Options
    Any updates on this? i.e. email verification :) My users love it btw.
  • Options
    @ Ø — NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not more to clutter up the RHS of each post PLEASE! If it must be done, then please make it optional.

I've been thinking for a while that someone needs to write a kinda hover list for username/icons, so that when you hover over someone's name/picture in a post, you get a list of things you can do to that person eg. post on their wall, whisper (this could bring up an AJAX window using Tickbox once it's done :)), buy them a beer, you get the idea...
  • Options
    Well, it depends of how many items you already have there...
    +1 for the ajax stuff on hover idea anyway. A good start would be the Userinfo Tooltip extension.
This discussion has been closed.