Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User Wall -- give your users a Facebook-style wall (guestbook)

Comments

• Options
    Possibly. I haven't tested with PHP 4.x.
  • Options
    Ok. It works. I installed PHP 5+ and now it works fine. Thanks Pol. Great add-on.

Now, I have another task I need for you to chew on and hopefully spit out something nice. I changed the definitions a bit and use it as a Call Log. Basically, when a client calls to talk to the Tech Department, or the to get some work done on their account, we can log that call using the User Wall.

NOW, what I'd like to do is make the "delete entry" function permission-based, so the client can't delete that call log, only the staff can. What do you think? Would this be hard to do?

- Garvin
  • Options
    i have just noticed that i can fix the error i have by closing the 'chat-status' extension down so basically they were clashing with each other & since wall is better i have gone with that however an update to either to fix that issue would be AWESOME thanks again for all the great work guys - this place rules
  • Options
    any news on the freeky deeky horizontal lines and text overlappment
  • Options
    ok i think i may have figured out WHY it has those lines but not hoe to FIX them, I think it inky does this with an ordered list because if they do not have any comment there wall renders fine. maybe something with css where ordered list differ from unordered? Only messes up in IE.
  • Options
    i wanted to ask since a lot of my forum members are - how's things looking for a notification whisper-style for new wall-postings ?
  • Options
    Hi I have just started using the Wall extension and I'm having a problem with it. As you can see below when I add a comment to the wall (normally the first comment on each person) the user information doubles on the right. This might be a safari only problem but I haven't really extensively tested on anything else.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Options
    any update on this one guys ? it's such a popular extension but on some browsers it goes apeshit & seems to bring down the whole account page.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I am looking forward too.
    If this wall's theme more like "dialog box" type, it will be more interesting.
  • Options
    I have Vista+IE7 now, so I'll look into this.
  • Options
    Works like a charm for me.. this is a brilliant extension, thanks. Vista + Firefox. Zero problems. Can't think of anything i'd like different on it either, except maybe to have the usericon.. but that's not important. Cheers.
  • Options
    i get an error because it only recognizes LUM_ table can u fix it? plz ^^
  • Options
    @ Hamed, i don't think you've been reading anything in the forums Hamed, i released a new version in the original addon post, here is the link to it, version 1.0 beta 8. it fixes your problem and added a coupla of things.

User Wall # 19
  • Options
    oh cool i will try it again thank you and sorry yeah i had not been reading it T_T
  • Options
    sweet it works so is there anythign in this new beta version that does not work i mean it does say beta just wondering thank you
  • Options
    Well i just started playing around with the code, i'm still trying to understand what some of the stuff coded by Pol actually did. I've made a couple of modifications as you have seen and have listed the main ones on my post in the original discussion topic. Everything that i added and modified should work, i haven't detected any problems yet but then again it still can happen considering i just started looking at the codes.

And it is still in beta because i'd thought i'd just keep with it and was planning add more modifications as i was busy at some point, but now i'm getting back into it, i've just also added user icons to be displayed and a settings page in which the number of post to be displayed per page can be set. I've also changed the permission for users to be able to edit someones post and bypass the permission to write, which means wall owners can only delete post not edit, editing is solely to the owner of the comment itself.

If you can think of any other suggestions to add to the extension, please report so in the original discussion topic, not this discussion please. Thank you. Hope you enjoy Pols work and some of mine.
  • Options
    oh wow that is awesome i had one thing to say can u make it so the admin of the site can post on any wall regardless of weather they enabled their walls or not?
  • Options
    can someone please! update the DL to the latest version, or only add a working link to it here... ...
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    can u make it so the admin of the site can post on any wall regardless of weather they enabled their walls or not? or maybe the admin can edit the user preference of enabling a user's wall
  • Options
    please help me
This discussion has been closed.