Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Cannot enable extensions after upgrade

124»

Comments

• Options
    rus bowdenrus bowden Lowell MA
    Hi Minisweeper, I'm off to work now, and will check it out later. My week end is full, tomorrow included, and I have a book review to do to boot, so I was not going to get into anything like this matter that has involced far too much of my life this past month, but will see if I can steal some sleep time or something for it. Thanks very much. Not that it necessarily matters, but at the "old" site, I am still getting what's below. Some people mistakenly have the philosophy that one should move on, but for Mark and whoever is more rigorous in their thinking about computer programming, this is an unresolved issue, it should never have happened, it should not happen in the future (just as the "PARAM " pop up shouldn't), and is part of whatever the set of issues is that needs to be addressed, if regular users like me are to use this software. Yours, Rus It's a string of these: Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/rusbowde/pochapocha.com/captiva/forum/Vanilla.1.0.1/extensions/AddComments/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/rusbowde/pochapocha.com/captiva/forum/Vanilla.1.0.1/conf/extensions.php on line 4 I could not put in all of it, nor half of it, because I got a message saying my message was too long.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ...The Add Comments is on, but it can't find it: missing file or permission problem.
  • Options
    That'll be because I dragged a load of extensions out of your old extensions folder into the new one. My bad, I forgot the old forum was still in use. I'll sort that out now.
  • Options
    Everything's cool. I just got home and need to start the book review or it won't get done. Thanks again. I am very appreciative. I work tomorrow, and will see how things are going into tomorrow night with all that's on my plate. You guys are great.
  • Options
    Hi Minisweeper, I have been so jammed, and have not had the focus to mention that most of the time stuff like this is at the top of the main page at the new location: Notice: Undefined index: top_posting_user in /hsphere/local/home/rusbowde/pochapocha.com/cc/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 117 Notice: Undefined index: top_discussion_starter in /hsphere/local/home/rusbowde/pochapocha.com/cc/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 118 Notice: Undefined index: most_active_users in /hsphere/local/home/rusbowde/pochapocha.com/cc/extensions/Statistics/default.php on line 121 And, I am unable to use either HTML or BB Code, as I have tried in this thread: http://www.pochapocha.com/cc/comments.php?DiscussionID=55 The BB Code actually hyperlinked, but put made some HTML code visible. Thanks again. Yours, Rus
  • Options
    thats looks like the the fault of statistics, what is the newest version that yo have downloaded? I know Vincent was having trouble with it.
  • Options
    Do you notice that happening at any particular time of day rus? It occurred to me the other day when i was uploading some files that your server appeared /very/ slow which may be why the stats extension is having trouble (if it doesnt get the info from the files in time to fill the array) occasionally
  • Options
    @y2kbg: Thanks for the idea. When I get a chance, I will check to see which version @Minisweeper: The first few times or couple days that I loaded it, it looked good. Ever since, though, each time that has been showing up.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It just now loaded fine twice.
  • Options
    Rus, when you recieve errors on your forum reported by things such as the statistics extension, could you browse to http://www.pochapocha.com/cc/serverload.php and check out what information that's giving you (you might be best hard-refreshing when you view the page)? At the moment it's reporting load average: 2.10, 3.63, 4.18, and there are a couple of errors on your forum. I'd be interested if there was any correlation between the two (higher load and appearance of errors). To be honest just looking at those loads there (a couple of refreshes have chucked out higher ones) I'd be quite worried (incase you're unfamiliar, the load number is a reference to the number of processes queueing for processor time, it's standard practice to try and keep them below 1 for obvious reasons). This might be something worth talking over with your host.
  • Options
    Hi Minisweeper. Thanks very much. I will talk with them sometime soon. What do you mean by a couple errors on the forum? Do you mean how it doesn not load correctly? Also, any idea why I cannot use the BB Code or the HTML? Yours, Rus
  • Options
    I mean a couple of errors such as the stats ones your experiencing. As for BBCode and HTML I'm not sure I dont remember having any problems with them.
    I'm afraid I'm away in NZ for the next 5 weeks but I'm sure plenty of people on here will be willing to take up the slack helping you out.
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The forum is now useless. No post can be made in either html or BB Code. It's down, has been for weeks. I am out of time trying to keep up and provide a place for my friends to gather. They cannot post anything. Anyone can go there and see how the posts have been looking: http://www.pochapocha.com/cc/ Vanilla does not work yet. The theoretical benefit of it is that it can be developed by the users. But, this has turned out to mean that the users have to be experts at developing.
  • Options
    disable the stats addon
  • Options
    How's this going Rus? I'm back now if you want to drop me an e-mail...
  • Options
    Can someone tell me if this code in the second line of the conf/extensions.php file for Vanilla 1.1.2, with Attachments 2 version is incorrect: <?php // Make sure this file was not accessed directly and prevent register_globals configuration array attack if (!defined('IN_VANILLA')) exit(); // Enabled Extensions include($Configuration I noticed while reading that for the 1.0.2 Vanilla version, the second line in the conf/extensions.php file should read the following way, and that it must be changed from the 1.0.1 package: if (!defined('VANILLA')) exit(); Is there any code change in the 1.1.2 package for the conf/extensions.php file when updating from 1.1.1? Obviously, it looks like there's a change in coding on the conf/extensions.php file. Does this happen each time there's an upgrade? Trying to learn.Thanks.
  • Options
    conf/extensions.php is automatically generated by the Settings->Extensions page in your forum.

that text "Make sure this file was not accessed directly and prevent register_globals configuration array attack" is text from a different file that somehow got mixed into your extensions.php.

delete conf/extensions.php, and go into your Settings->Extensions page, and re-enab le the add-ons you want. see if that helps.
  • Options
    Okay, thanks ithcy, I'll give it a try. That makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.