Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Site List of Vanilla Users

Comments

• Options
    Vanilla 1 w/ Scene 1.0 style: http://autolux.bigfatgun.com/ It's ostensibly for information about a band out of L.A. named Autolux, but given the lack of news it's anarchy.
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    that TBL site is awesome. I bet he cant wait for swell! Wonder if he could be convinced to release the theme..
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Hey guys, I'm the author of The Beautiful Lie, saw this discussion from my refers. Thanks for the praise. =] While I'm not sure what it takes to submit an official theme, the only thing you would need to modify on your own theme to have "blog style" discussions is the comments.php file. Add this after '<div class="CommentHeader">': if ($RowNumber == 2 && ($_GET['page'] == '' || $_GET['page'] == 1)) { $CommentList .= '<h2>Comments</h2>'; if (!$PERMISSION_SIGN_IN) { $CommentList .= '<div style="margin-top:-10px;">To leave a comment, you need to <a href="'.$this->Context->Configuration['SIGNIN_URL'].'?ReturnUrl='.GetRequestUri().'">sign in</a> first.</div>'; } } After that, you just have to mess with the roles to make it so that as soon as someone applies for membership, they get "sign in" and "post comments on existing discussions" access.
  • Options
    @clofresh: Thankyou for sharing your code tips!! http://www.thebeautifullie.com/ is very impressive use and gives me more ideas on how to use vanilla!
  • Options
    How did you get the front page going clofresh?
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    The front page is kind of a hack. In index.php: if (count($_GET) > 0) { // If there are GET variables, do like you normally would do // This block of code is what was there initially $DiscussionGrid = $Context->ObjectFactory->CreateControl($Context, 'DiscussionGrid'); $UpdateReminder = $Context->ObjectFactory->CreateControl($Context, 'Filler', 'update_reminder.php'); if ($Configuration['ADDON_NOTICE']) $AddOnNotice = $Context->ObjectFactory->CreateControl($Context, 'Filler', 'addon_notice.php'); $Page->AddRenderControl($UpdateReminder, $Configuration['CONTROL_POSITION_BODY_ITEM'] - 20); $Page->AddRenderControl($DiscussionGrid, $Configuration['CONTROL_POSITION_BODY_ITEM']); } else { // Otherwise if you're at the root domain $FrontPage = $Context->ObjectFactory->CreateControl($Context, 'Filler', 'front.php'); $Page->AddRenderControl($FrontPage, $Configuration['CONTROL_POSITION_BODY_ITEM']); } And then I made a front.php file that goes in the selected theme directory which I update by hand.
  • Options
    wow I'll say, the beautiful lie is so well beautiful lol

is that email updates form a part of Vanilla ?
  • Options
    Haha, thanks bugsmi. The email updates form is my own code that makes an ajax call to a simple php script. The Javascript for the form submission can be found here. It depends on prototype and scriptaculous.
  • Options
    ok you just said 3 dirty words, javascript, prototype, scriptaculous, lol
    i need an idiots interface for I was not born with a coded tongue ;-)

why not just use phplist that rocks
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I just finished trying to integrate Vanilla into my site. Great forum software by the way. Probably still some kinks though (in my forum).

Bevo Sports Forums
  • Options
    looks good berg80
  • Options
    Rigid Games

A pet project of mine ;)
  • Options
    Nice job, Berg. I like your mods.
  • Options
    Thanks garvin. It is nice that you can modify the software almost as easily as you can Wordpress.
  • Options
    Hi folks, I've tried clofresh's blog-like hack, and all I get is the following error when I click on a discussion:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in ../vanilla/themes/comments.php on line 76
    Line 76 is this one:
    if ($RowNumber == 2 && ($_GET['page'] == '' || $_GET['page'] == 1)) {

I suppose I forgot something obvious... Does someone have an idea about this?
  • Options
    I get the same error.
  • Options
    @clofresh
    Any chance you could post somewhat more detailed instructions?
  • Options
    Oh, when you put that block of code after <div class="CommentHeader">, you have to finish that string first: Here's what the lines around it looks like: $CommentList .= '<li id="Comment_'.$Comment->CommentID.'"'.($CommentClass == ''?'':' class="'.$CommentClass.'"').'> <a name="Item_'.$RowNumber.'"></a> <div class="CommentHeader">'; if ($RowNumber == 2 && ($_GET['page'] == '' || $_GET['page'] == 1)) { $CommentList .= '<h2>Comments</h2>'; if (!$PERMISSION_SIGN_IN) { $CommentList .= '<div style="margin-top:-10px;">To leave a comment, you need to <a href="'.$this->Context->Configuration['SIGNIN_URL'].'?ReturnUrl='.GetRequestUri().'">sign in</a> first.</div>'; } } $CommentList .= '<ul> <li> '.($ShowIcon?'<div class="CommentIcon" style="'."background-image:url('".$Comment->AuthIcon."');".'"> </div>':'').' <span>'.$this->Context->GetDefinition('CommentAuthor').'</span><a href="'.GetUrl($this->Context->Configuration, 'account.php', '', 'u', $Comment->AuthUserID).'">'.$Comment->AuthUsername.'</a>'; // Point out who it was whispered to if necessary etc.
  • Options
    I'm running Vanilla for my forums. http://forums.urbanpug.com Forum for pug lovers. Odd niche. Yes.
This discussion has been closed.