Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vcal (Event calendar) Alpha screenshots

Comments

• Options
    Will this require Vanilla 1.1.4?
  • Options
    Do you have a <em>good</em> reason for not using 1.1.4? ;)
  • Options
    Well, I made a lot of tweaks and changes over the last year, so I just didn't want to have to re-do them all again. Also, I embrace the motto, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". In any case, I just upgraded to 1.1.4 in anticipation of Vcal so there won't be any delay in getting it going. :)
  • Options
    I like the idea of a simple beta and adding features/additional extensions later.

One 'second tier' extension I'd like to see for this would be an event registration button. So a user could click an event to view the detailed info, then there would be a buttons to confirm their attendance or not. Depending on how the calendar reads info from the discussion(s) it uses this could be as simple as a modified ThankfulPeople extension.
  • Options
    Any updates?
  • Options
    I just rolled out my vanilla install, and this is something I've been really looking forward to. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
  • Options
    Looks as if MySchizoBuddy’s gone AWOL (last logged in December 10th 2007) - hope everything is okay. If someone has his mail-address maybe they can contact him.

BTW: Did anyone receive an intermediate version to test? It would be a pity to see this good work go to waste...
  • Options
    so what is the news on this? when do you plan for it to be completed i am just wondering ^_^
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm not sure, but I think MySchizoBuddy may have had a baby...Mahroosh. Congratulations!
  • Options
    Good find — and hearty congrats to MSB! :)
  • Options
    congratulations to him
  • Options
    I was wondering if this was possible? I'm making a new website around a Vanilla forum for a charity I volunteer for. One of the aspects that the site would have to deal with is event booking. The users of the website are going to be assigned groups - I've decided that the groups should be defined by their "Role" and I'm using Multi Role 2b2 to do this currently. Each group should have a few people who are able to book the event, then all members of that group should be able to view the event, but other groups should not be able to view the event. On the other side of things, there should be a group who can view all bookings, but not have administrator privileges over the entire website.
  • Options
    a very nice feature would be the ability to "join Events" that means an official added Event, which is displayed to all or a group of users can be marked as "joined" by them, so that you've got the information of the Event from the Author and the auto-generated list of all users, who may be found on this event. (Perhapps members can say "I'll come and I'll take XY buddys with me to the Event" so you got a number "Event will be visited by XYZ Persons" I think it's a bit komplex but it would be an addon I would pay money for...
  • Options
    MSB, is your beta really that unusable that it still cannot be shared? :)
  • Options
    Hello! I was wonderng the same, is this extension useable already? I have aconcert listing on my vanilla installation, and a thing like this would be perfect for that site. Are you still working on it, MSB?
  • Options
    people: give.. it.. up.
  • Options
    Do want!
  • Options
    I can has Vcal?
  • Options
    Does this mean you would like to take Vcal over from MSB, Fyorl?
  • Options
    If he's stopped working on it then I think someone needs to take it over to stop all his work going to waste. Whether that's me or not is a different discussion. If he hasn't stopped working on it then I think we should all just wait patiently until he's done. Uh... apologies if all the pronouns in the above sentence should have been 'she'. I'm not really sure of MSB's gender since someone mentioned (s)he was having a baby...