Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

google talk...

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited August 2005
    is anyone not getting a little weary as to how much google is starting to infiltrate your life little by little? or am i just a little bit too paranoid? i dont know, call me crazy if ya like but i dont like the rate they are growing at

I'll call you a little on the paranoid side, but honestly, it's still really your choice whether you wish to use google or not. After all, you can quit using it any time you want. Like any tech company they expand and shrink and honestly, they probably know very little about you other than maybe your name and that you might be using one or two of their services. I'd actually be more weary about the maker of the operating system you're running, there's a greater tendancy there to reveal who you are and what you're doing. Just because there's an "update" doesn't necessarily mean it will be one in your favor.

</paranoia_injection>
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited August 2005
    so who's badassg.. you added me as a friend right after i posted this, but you're away..
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    adds lament to my list.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited August 2005
    i don' t like that Gtalk doesn't popup a "hey someone's trying to invite you".. i'm set to Busy, though.. so i guess it makes sense. but it would be nice if if did a little dance or flashed or something..

or maybe it does.. i have "incoming chat" notification turned off.. hmm
  • Options
    Well... I did add you to my list (prepare to be the first). I just want to test it out. As I said earlier, I am probably not going to use it much (any time soon).
  • Options
    gtalk is going to get much cooler.
  • Options
    I thought you could not disclose ANYTHING! *runs to google to get dknowles fired*
  • Options
    and me hired
  • Options
    haha, because what i said was so informative.
  • Options
    very informative. i just sold it to the press.
  • Options
    shit, i'm totally busted.
  • Options
    lech: I'll call you a little on the paranoid side, but honestly, it's still really your choice whether you wish to use google or not. After all, you can quit using it any time you want.

oh yeah, i agree and i do exercise my right of choice which is why i only use their search engines. i did install GTalk but i just wanted to check it out for myself coz a mate of mine was raving about it but ill probably uninstall it sometime soon.

have a look at this (it a few mins long btw)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Nag, that's probably the best piece of internet fiction I've seen in a long time. However anyone buying into it would probably have to be get committed and checked out, because that's a pretty thin stretch of the imagination to play things out like that. I think I was laughing through the later half of it though, because anyone who's not diluted and intelligent would still be developing their own software without paying attention really to what the big guys are doing. Rule of thumb, no matter how big a current "giant" is, there's always a bigger sleeping giant elsewhere that could come along at any moment and crush its oppressor :D It will happen eventually. Then again, there's always linux too. /me runs to freedom!
  • Options
    but we use linux here at google! mwahahahaahahahahahaaha!
  • Options
    but i also didn't watch that flash animation because i'm at work, so i have no idea what it's about.
  • Options
    NEWS FLASH: GOOGLE USE LINUX. I'M GOING TO THE PAPERS!
  • Options
    not again! noooooooo!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That's pretty funny, nag :) If you think Google is bad, wait until I release my AI.
  • Options

Google Talk had a slight update today. Grab the latest copy if you haven't yet. I can't tell what the heck was updated. All I know is that I'm going to have to reshack the damn thing to clean it a little more. And yes I know it already is pretty minimal.

• Options
    Hey nag, yo umight want to check out this article. :) http://www.theonion.com/content/node/40076
This discussion has been closed.