Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Here's a nugget of useless information for o8ers

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
  • Options
    30gig transfer in one day? So you got a 10,000 monkeys typing novels and just moved them from place to place.
  • Options
    you dont know the power o8 could generate.
  • Options
    Obviously I don't, 30gigs would be several hundred million lines of text. In a day.
  • Options
    sounds about right
  • Options
    No one would ever be able to read all those posts to keep up... But that is amazing.
  • Options
    most people wouldn't read them they'd just go to the bottom and add their comments regardless of whether it made sense
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    there was more than just text that added to 30 gigs of traffic. There was the winnie, mcgyver, airwolf, a-team, epileptic, j-krew is a dirty whore, and the constant gibboning
  • Options
    Well, if there is files/pictures/animals and people sent in that bandwith then it doesn't seem that much.
  • Options
    animals take up a lot of bandwidth Whatever you do, don't try and download a hippo unless you've got a lot of time to wait!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I remember seeing those stats and being absolutely dumbfounded.
  • Options
    wow, i think you should try and start up o8 again. Although maybe put more of a ban on the hacking.
  • Options
    as i remember it, hacking wasnt such an issue, more just asstard users and various relationship issues.
  • Options
    in-fighting and silliness killed it
  • Options
    in-fighting doesn't bother me. All you need is a good disclaimer and your all set. Silliness is cool. (Mark wont bring it back. He has already said it on numerous occassions)
  • Options
    we know
  • Options
    All you need is a good disclaimer and your all set.

o8... disclaimer... *snickers*

detroit killed o8
  • Options
    It is a shame though. Anyone else game? I would host it if people really wanted it. What software would it run (Vanilla?). I have no idea what o8 wa like, so I would leve the management in the capable hands of a real o8-er. I don't think it will happen though.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    When I finally release the next rev of Vanilla, there will be the mini-vanilli theme available so everyone and their dog can run their own o8-a-like.

Here's the screen grab of the mini-vanilli theme:

• Options
    that brings back the memories
This discussion has been closed.