Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Here's a nugget of useless information for o8ers

13»

Comments

• Options
    not for me. I never saw the first one. It does look good though. How is the development going mark? Not asking for a timeframe, just curious as to what has been done.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    please don't title it "mini-vanilli" or I will laugh each time I see it. It does look very nice though, mark :D
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I haven't had more than half an hour per day to be on my computer since September 1st. I typically use that time to check/reply to my email and come by here to help out anyone in need (that I can get to). Hopefully I'll have some time in the coming weeks. Shit. Duty calls. Gotta run.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    enjoy the sauce!
  • Options
    What are you doing now days nav
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited September 2005
    I'm a freelance contractor. I've been working for clients out of Toronto mostly. I bought a house and took possession on September 1st. I've taken a break from programming of all kinds to do renovations on the house. Right now we're frantically trying to finish renovations because we leave for North Carolina on Thursday morning, and we need to have all of our stuff moved in before then. I've been involved with every step of the renovations doing things like removing windows and putting in new ones to painting, tiling, replacing the master bathroom, and rewiring the entire house. As I mentioned, this week I'm flying down to North Carolina for a tiny vacation. We're visiting friends in Charlotte NC, Wilmington SC, then going down through Charleston and Savannah on our way to another friend's wedding in Athens Georgia. We fly back here (we're living in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan now) on Sunday October 9th for another friend's wedding. Then on the 11th I fly out to Toronto for work. I return on the 18th of October and then I leave for Toledo Ohio on the 21st. I'm there for a couple of days to hook up with some friends who are starting a business with me and then I return here to Saskatoon on the 23rd. After that I will probably have a couple of weeks where I can get back to work on Vanilla and hopefully get the next version out. Oh, and thanks for asking :)
  • Options
    Man your busy, sounds kinda hectic... Have fun on that tiny vacation!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks. Yes. Very busy. I hate travelling that much, but I need to get things done so I'm just going as hard as I can.
  • Options
    thats awesome dood. Last I heard from you it was the microsoft thingo. Congratulations on buying the house. you sealed the deal with your woman eg married? I want to goto NC myself. They have a road there called the tail of the dragon. its out at deals gap. Thinking about either shipping my motorbike over for a couple of weeks or just finding something there to hire.
  • Options
    he got married back when o8 was still running if i remember correctly? He's certainly married, eitherway: http://wedding.cotworld.com/index.php?fpp=10&did=5&fid=35 - and i'm 99.9% certain he hasnt divorced. He's certainly busy though. *hugs for mark for still loving us.
  • Options
    deeldeel New
    edited October 2005
    they came to visit us here in nc a week ago.
    i only wish they could have stayed longer.

and my god - mark can type so damn fast.
    he was looking at me and typing at the same time- i thought he was faking it.
    seriously he could win a medal or something.

instagata where's this road you speak of?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    @ Microsoft, they replaced his frontal lobe with a p12 69.9ghz CPU! I HAVE PROOF!
  • Options
    Deel its called the The Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, with 318 curves in 11 miles. www.killboy.com he takes photos there
  • Options
    Nice site, some cool pics. That road sounds fun. Too bad its on the other side of the country, and I dont have a motorcycle. :(
  • Options
    i thought so - there are some crazy roads in the mountains.
  • Options
    I really want to ride it. it would be so hot. see if you can get your hands on the movie 'bit by the dragon'
  • Options
    What is with this motorcycle mania with the golden oldies here? Was the o8 a rival for Hells Angels?
  • Options
    Heh, I knew a Hells Angel once, don't wanna fuck with those guys.
This discussion has been closed.