Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Opensource software suite recommendations...

Comments

• Options
    there's an emacs vs. vi battle going on at work lately. there was a vi quick reference sheet in the break room, and i think the emacs camp has replaced it with the emacs quick reference.

it's fun working with nerds.
  • Options
    <3 nano.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland

NANO!

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    aka, the answer is always C
  • Options
    Thanks Nath, and I don't mind the plethora of functions, maybe there are some things I didn't even know I needed. Corporate websites are pretty unpredictable sometimes, you never know what is going down. Mini, I'll definedly check the phpcoin, thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    text editor: PSPad ftw \o/
  • Options
    Textpattern looks awesome since the new release last week.
  • Options
    i've never looked back at textpattern since i switched to wordpress. just my $.02.
  • Options
    It would be smart to have a dedicated thread for CMS talk since there seems to be so many of them, and everyone has an opinion about them. The hard thing is that when I started designing the company site, I was utterly unaware that there were such things as Drupal, and Typo3, both seem to be very popular and extremely flexible. Only thing I have against drupal is that as a noobie, I'm just so lost, I can't seem to figure out how the hell is that thing used. But I'm fast learner and I have used some pretty complex programs (like 3d modelling is easy or something) so I think I can figure it out.
  • Options
    Textpattern probably warrants a close look due to a massive improvement in its architecture and feature set. An install takes minutes and you're up and running pretty damn quick. Making changes is very simple and it's all CSS and compliant code out of the box. Nice.
  • Options
    I love how wordpress uses themes, and the fact that WP wiki is prettumuch the best resource site ever created just makes it that much better and easier.
  • Options
    gallery 2 pwns! wordpress ahh.. its been said already... lol
  • Options
    mod x for a general cms vanilla or phpbb for a forum pmwiki for a wiki do the net a favor and take your blog offline. no one cares about your cat or ajax as much as you would hope.
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    phpbb for a forum

what?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Just lately, I have come across a nice little FreeWare editor called ConTEXT that's pretty slick and about as configurable as Ultra-Edit : http://context.cx/
  • Options
    the question asked for alternatives, so i provided the board we were talking about and an alternative. i stand by my comment on blogs. hmm, i use ultra-edit everyday. i'll take a look at context.
  • Options
    I use SciTE for small changes, or when fiddling with Rails...lol, comes with Ruby. http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
  • Options
    aloha, is that mod x CMS any good? I tried Typo3 which was as easy to use as figuring out how to clone a human being, and this Drupal ain't that easy either, maybe it is that I have got used to configuring WP.
  • Options
    Drupal has a hugely different interface compaired with most other cms'. This is because the admin and general functions are not seperated. Once you use Drupal for a few days, you will see how intuitive it actaully is. I can't go without some of the features it offers. I could set Drupal up in my sleep (but I don't sleep. sleep is for the weak), so if you need a hand or any pointers, let me know.
  • Options
    I need all the hands you can spare, I have like figured 1% of the whole CMS.
This discussion has been closed.