Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2 Installation Error

Comments

• Options
    phpinfo.php
    PDO PDO support enabled PDO drivers mysql, pgsql, sqlite, sqlite2

pdo_mysql PDO Driver for MySQL enabled Client API version mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $ Persistent cache enabled put_hits 0 put_misses 0 get_hits 0 get_misses 0 size 2000 free_items 2000 references 2 Directive Local Value Master Value pdo_mysql.cache_size 2000 2000 pdo_mysql.default_socket no value no value
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2010
    You've got me, then. Might have better luck using the issue tracker though. There's probably a size limit on posts because it wasn't meant for error logs. :)

http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues
  • Options
    Hmm, just managed to run into this same error attempting to install MODx (it got further, it actually installed, don't know how brokenly yet :D just throws lots of errors). Looking around a bit, it looks to have something to do with "dsn" and "mysql.sock". I found the latter at /opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock, but it was empty, so...
  • Options
    just a followup that my 2.x installation went fine after shutting down my older apache configured to use php4 and installing xampp (winxp sp2)

One small issue -- I couldn't get things to work with garden installed in a symlink'ed directory (apache2 / win32 issue?)

Also, you'll probably want to disable htaccess url-rewrites if installing garden in a subdirectory of your main wwwdocs
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue. Installation is failing with 404 Not Found. However, I'm using nginx. So Any idea?
  • Options
    Hi LETMIX / MARK
    Following your comment RE: class.pluginmanager
    (*****
    I change code in class.pluginmanager to make it work: I added one if before the is_array, because i didnt have any plugin that containt a plugin.php

foreach ($EnabledPlugins as $PluginName => $PluginFolder) { $Paths[] = PATH_PLUGINS . DS . $PluginFolder . DS . "default.php"; $Paths2 = glob(PATH_PLUGINS . DS . $PluginFolder . DS . "*plugin.php"); if(is_array($Paths2)) { $Paths = array_merge($Paths, $Paths2); } }

*****)
    I have exactly the same page with these errors coming up. I've looked on the famous Google and found several web pages that has this same message.

It's a nice solution, but I have no idea what to do with this. Where / On which line, is this information suppose to go into? Did you take anything else out? I don't know much about coding but it would help a lot if I know what to do with this.
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!! ANYONE???

Thanks MSERAPHIM
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @mseraphim, I think your bug was fixed before. We made our own Glob function that will always return an array. You should notice that all Glob calls are made with a capital "G".
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Todd, thank you for your quick reply. This bug may have been fixed before, but it was never included in the latest download of Vanilla2. I eventually figured out where to put this "foreach......}}" into the document.

It would be nice if this was included in the latest download....Developers?

The Glob calls are not made with a capital "G" but with lower case "g". Unless I'm missing something. Thank you though. Dreamweaver didn't recognize the Glob with capital "G".

Hope u have a great day!!!! till later
  • Options
    @kamraan sounds like you are probably having an Nginx rewrite rules problem. PM and i'll fwd' you my rewrite rules.
  • Options
    I'm having rewrite issues as well.. however I am using Abyss Web Server X2 and it doesn't support .htaccess. I have to configure my rewrites as such:
    Virtual Path Regular Expression :

Conditions :

If this rule matches : Perform an internal redirection
    Perform an external redirection
    Report an error to the client

Parameter(s) for "Perform an internal redirection"
    Redirect to :
    Append Query String
    Escape Redirection Location

Next Action : Continue with the next rule
    Stop matching
    Restart from the first rule

→ Parameter(s) for "Perform an external redirection"Redirect to :
    Append Query String
    Escape Redirection Location
    Status Code : 301 - Moved Permanently302 - Moved Temporarily303 - See Other304 - Not Modified305 - Use Proxy307 - Temporary RedirectOther Status Code

→ Parameter(s) for "Report an error to the client"Status Code : 400 - Bad Request401 - Unauthorized402 - Payment Required403 - Forbidden404 - Not Found405 - Method Not Allowed406 - Not Acceptable407 - Proxy Authentication Required408 - Request Timeout409 - Conflict410 - Gone411 - Length Required412 - Precondition Failed413 - Request Entity Too Large414 - Request-URI Too Long415 - Unsupported Media Type416 - Requested Range Not Satisfiable417 - Expectation Failed500 - Internal Server Error501 - Not Implemented502 - Bad Gateway503 - Service Unavailable504 - Gateway Timeout505 - HTTP Version Not SupportedOther Status Code

• Options
    I have a probleme with the installation too.

After filling and submitting the install form, i'm redirected to http://mydomaine.com/index.php/garden/gardensetup, whereas my forum folder is http://mydomaine.com/vanilla2beta/
    so the index page of my website is displaying instead of the index of the forum.

any idea?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    These problems seem to all be related to the web servers you are using. We've been testing on Apache exclusively for the time being. It seems they're all related to using web server variable to figure out where to direct the scripts.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What does

The connection parameters you specified failed to open a connection to the database. The database reported the following error: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'web98'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

mean?

I'm getting this when trying to install. DBhost ist localhost, Username and Password are correct … PDO-Error?

Edit: I just checked the version of the PDO driver. It's 5.0.32.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    It means you've got the wrong connection info. Are you sure you're not pasting a space onto the end of the password or anything?
  • Options
    Yes I am sure. I checked everything twice.
  • Options
    Okay found the error. I changed the password for the mysql-db but the server software did not tell me my password was too long. So I used the new password while the database still uses the old one.
  • Options
    Hello,

i'm still having troubles with the installation (cf my previous post)

submitting the installation form redirect me to index.php/garden/gardensetup/ (at my website root)

I'm on a shared apache hosting (ovh.com).
    Is this a htaccess issue?
  • Options
    Hi, I'm getting the PDO problem. It says I need the MySQL driver for PDO enabled in order for Vanilla to connect to your database.

My PHP Info says PDO drivers - sqlite2, sqlite

How do I go about adding the mysql driver? Thanks.
  • Options
    and now there is one more problem.. i am not getting it either... untill now it seemed fine ..i just change the config.default.php to config.php... has it got anything to do with the issue... its getting really confusing

.. Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\vanillaforums/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\vanillaforums\library\core\class.dispatcher.php on line 531
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @biggig, that links sure looks like spam to me.

You should not rename config-defaults.php to config.php.

You also been to make sure that the permissions are set properly on your local machine. If a file can't be open then it's most likely because a) The file is not there which you can check, or b) the web server doesn't have read permissions.