Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FCKeditor

Comments

• Uploaded version 2.5.4 of FCKeditor.
  • Thank you for reply, MySchizoBuddy. I found it 's FCKeditor problem, I downloaded another version and had solved it. thank you. and another problem how FCKeditor work with smile 0.6, another add-on by Alexander Weiher? I think the solution is similar with Quotations - http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=48036
  • u can use the icons that come with smile 0.6 in FCKeditor.
    Fckeditor already has smileys, just replace them. if u wnat to add some more look in fckconfig.js file. there is a parameter where u can put in smiley files names u want included.
  • I'm getting an error with fckstyles.xml row one... Have you got any idea whats wrong (my guess would be that I should change UTF-8 to something else but what?)?
  • i remember that being a problem with older version of FCKeditor. try to get the latest version Fckeditor.com
  • Just wondering about the Text Size, I try to change the text size using the FCKeditor and the resulting HTML it produces doesn't have any extra text info...

Thanks again MySchizo!
  • check settings.php
    change the font tag to this
    'font' => array('color' => 1,'size' =>1),

btw the font tag is depreciated, u shouldn't use it.
    Let me see how the span instead of font works. if it works good. then i'll update fckeditor
  • Hi, I have prob. with FCKeitor. I am using vanilla latest version. I want 2 use this editor. I have install it and config. it but there is no change is the comments box, is simple. How can i set is editor.
  • u have to enable it under Account tab Forum preferences
  • Schiz, is there any restriction on you including FCK in the extension download?
  • the extension is limited to 100KB size.
    FCKeditor is around 2MB i think.
  • Ahhhhhhhhh - ok. Thanks for explaining :)
  • I have installed this extension, and the comment box comes up with the toolbar and lets you apply all the formatting, but this formatting does not all display when the comment is posted. Text size doesn't display, but font color does, among other weirdnesses. Do I need some other extension to enable the display of the formatting in the discussion? Thanks !
  • Ok first u shouldn't be using Font tag anyway. I dunno why I enabled it. next version I'm taking it out.
    Not all attributes to a tag are allowed. I forgot to add size to the font tag. I mentioned here how to add that.
    http://lussumo.com/community/?CommentID=68452
  • I wish FCK and other WYSIWYG editors in general would remove font tag support...
  • they can use span tags with inline styles
  • One problem on mine was that... since the fckeditor downloaded files folder is lowercase... this time somehow.. and i am on linux server it wouldn't find the url

for example

/js/FCKeditor/editor/fckeditor.html

that won't work

but this will work

/js/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html

solution was to change this in the defualt php file

oFCKeditor.BasePath = "' . $Context->Configuration['WEB_ROOT'] . 'js/FCKeditor/" ;

to

oFCKeditor.BasePath = "' . $Context->Configuration['WEB_ROOT'] . 'js/fckeditor/" ;

understand if you are on a windows server this wouldn't matter

but on a linux it does!

• Hi, I am trying to install several adds-on and it does not work (Fckeditor, statistics...). Only the language adds-on works (for french). Concerning Fck-editor, i can upload all the files to the directory that i created in my ftp program, namely /www/forum/extensions/FCKeditor. In the adminstrator manager, when I click on the extension, it tells me that it has been installed just fine. Indeed I can cut/paste videos from youtube. Yet the toolbar doesn't appear in the comment box (at the end of each discussion). And I haven't figured out a way to cut/paste images from flick or other hosting image sites. I have no idea what is wrong. Any tip ? I am hosted by OVH (http://www.ovh.com/fr/produits/start1g.xml) Thanks a lot for your help.
  • Did you install FCKeditor itself, not just the extension? Also, did you enable the graphical editor in your forum preferences?
  • I created a specific folder named FCKeditor in my extension folder (that contained no folder). I uploaded all the unziped files of FCKeditor on my computer to the FCKeditor on my ftp folder. does that answers your question?