Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.1 released

ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Vanilla 2.0.1 has been released and uploaded.

Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation

If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can remove the following line from your conf/config.php file:

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';

This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).

Upgrading Vanilla 2.0 Forums

1. Sign into your existing forum with the user that has UserID = 1
  2. Back up your database.
  3. Back up all of your existing files.
  4. Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
  5. Make sure the conf/config.php from your old version has been copied over to the new version.
  6. Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1): www.yourdomain.com/path/to/vanilla/utility/structure
  7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to run the update scripts.
  8. Navigate to your forum and test away!

Reporting Issues

DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM

Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.

See the add on page for additional instructions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Just downloaded .
  • Probably a silly question, but where are the release notes? It'd be nice to know what's changed :)
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    We haven't been putting out release notes, which is bad form. Will try for the next time.

2.0.1 is mainly just a bug fix release.
  • @Todd In the instruction there is...

"Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1)"

... but in my phpBB forum (from whom I'm tryin' to switch) the user with ID=1 doesn't exist. I've cancelled it and made like admin the user number 2. How can I solve this?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @candyman, we actually only say UserID = 1 as a way to explain things to most users. If you sign in as your admin user then you'll be fine. Your admin user is the user you signed in as when you imported your phpBB data.
  • edited August 2010
    A spammer @wf123456 is here. How to flag a post or comment as spam?

And for forums I searched for an addon to flag forum post .But I didn't find any addon for that.
  • ok, I am completely lost. :(
  • I have a Linux server, and copy my files over using the terminal, but havent worked out how to do that yet, can somebody give me the command to upload the files to my server using the terminal?

Thanks.
  • fr1dayfr1day New
    edited August 2010
    @droopalla it's completely ot for this thread, so I'm not sure if answering will be frowned upon or not, but I'll answer anyway and if anyone objects I'll know for future reference.

There are lots of ways of doing this. I'm taking a guess here and assuming you have an ssh server setup on your linux box? If so then scp or sftp are my preferred ways of doing it.

If you're copying from a linux machine, to a linux machine, then from the cli use the following..

scp < filename > < username >@&lt; remotehost >:

where filename is the name of the file you want to copy, username is the username on the remote host, and remotehost is the server you're copying files to. Don't forget the ':' at the end of the command as otherwise you'll just make a local copy of the file instead.

you can also use scp for multiple files, or multiple directores of files as follows...

scp * < username >@&lt; remotehost >:

Will copy all files in current directory to remote host.

scp -r * < username >@&lt; remotehost >:

will copy all files recursively from the current directory.

If you're copying from a windows machine to a linux machine then it's possible to use scp but it's much easier to just install filezilla or some other ftp client that supports sftp and enter the username, password, and hostname as normal, and for the port number put in 22.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @asshu Got him, thanks. Feel free to mention my name if you need spam cleanup in a discussion.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @asshu Flagging is now a core plugin. Just enable it.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @fr1day.....thank you so much the for the help, I managed to upload the files to the server, but, am stuck.....is it supposed to upload over the existing forum directory, or next to or inside, cause that is all it does right now, even with the ':' at the end of the command. Is very frustrating, lol.

My apologies for hijacking the thread.
  • @droopalla Well it kind of depends on what you are trying to do. is it an upgrade of version 2.0 or a brand new install, or a migration from another forum entirely?

Sounds to me like scp is doing exactly what it's supposed to, which is to copy files securely from one location to another be it on the same file system, or in this case a remote filesystem.

Assuming it's an upgrade of version 2.0 then just follow the directions in the original post and copy the files over the existing files.
  • edited August 2010
    Its a upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.1, which I just did, but I am now getting this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function DefinePermissions() on a non-object in /srv/mysite.co.uk/public/htdocs/forum/library/core/class.session.php on line 264

Dont know why....
  • Done everything I can to see if I can upgrade, and I cant get passed that error. Please help.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @droopalla I highly recommend starting a new discussion for this.
  • Great work lads just got back to great news :D
  • AdamJGAdamJG England
    edited August 2010
    Good job guys. :D
  • candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    caNCEL THIS
  • @candyman Yes that was in response to my question below. Someone marked it down one so it appears at the bottom of the list. Not a big fan of that format as it can make threads confusing to read.