Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ProxyConnect 1.8 Released

TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
ProxyConnect 1.8 has been released.

This release changes the way we hook into signin and signout urls, with the intended side-effect of improving support for reliably logging users out of their local and remote sessions when they click "Sign Out".

Also included is a new way to integrate with Wordpress using our new Remote Integration Managers. Integrating with Wordpress is now a simple 2 step process.

Enjoy this release and be sure to report any bugs you find!

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Comments

• Thankyou i have just installed wordpress now going to install vanilla soon when i get a host with PDO.
  • On a brand new, clean installation of 2.0.7 and ProxyConnect 1.8, I get the following error message when I choose 'WordPress Integration' in the Authenticator panel:

Unable to create wordpress proxyconnect provider entry in GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider.

Possible reasons:

* Database was not created. Did you enable ProxyConnect properly, through the Plugins screen?
    * Does your database user have write permissions to the GDN_UserAuthentication* tables?

ProxyConnect is definetely 'properly enabled' and as I'm on localhost, I guess permissions shouldn't be problematic (user role: admin).
  • Unfortunately things seem to get even worse:
    After disabling an re-enabling the plugin, the error described before disappeared and the add-on would save authentication settings, however, the signin / signout URLs seem to be totally messed up.
    My vanilla installation is at 'http://my-machine/dbtest/community/', when I try to sign in, vanilla keeps sending me to 'http://my-machine/dbtest/community/dbtest/community/entry/signin?Target=discussions' which of course brings up a 'Page not found' error. The only possibility to sign in again is via 'entry/password'.
  • Alright, decided to give manual integration a try, but it seems as if the settings are not saved. Whenever the page reloads or I click on activate, all the fields are blanked out.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Please could you give me a screengrab of the contents of your Gdn_UserAuthenticationProvider table? Either from PHPMyAdmin or console

• The plugin doesn't want to save any of my authentication settings. I can set the cookie domain but none of the sign-in, signout urls etc. Any help would be appreciated.
  • How can I send you the screengrab Tim?
    Send it in a private message in the forums here. Host it on imgur.com or something.

• edited September 2010
    Here's a screenshot from phpmyadmin:

-- deleted --
  • Now that's what I call large...;)
    Alright I see the problem. I'll fix that shortly. My mistake.

Alright. Grab 2.0.8 and install it and you should get the 3 missing columns.

Hmm, this step might need a little work. I'll do some more testing quickly and see whats really causing the issue.

• What about that repeated URL?
    One step at a time :p This is still broken. if you check your mysql table definition for UserAuthenticationProvider, you'll see that URL is not allowed to be NULL. It SHOULD be allowed to be null.

• As far as I am concerned, there's no hurry...
  • I too had this problem - posted it in a different thread though.
  • really want to see integration with Data Life Engine(DLE)
  • So, er, what's happening here?
  • Any news on this?
    Eagerly waiting for a working version of this add-on, just like v1.6 was pretty fine (to a certain extent)...