Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

File Upload always shows Uploading.... and never finished

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
FileUp always shows Uploading.... and never finished

how can i solve it?

thx for any reply :)
Tagged:

Comments

• hi
    i have the same probleme
    anyone want help us?
  • Are you using the latest version? I used to have the same problem with the previous version of FileUpload...
  • yeah the last one,and still have the probleme
  • My vanilla version is the latest,2.0.10
    and the fileupload also is leate, 1.2.1
  • me,too
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Do you have firefox + firebug? If so, could you tell me what javascript / ajax error is happening?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• yeah i have firefox+fire bug,but i dont know how to procide?can u help me please
  • edited October 2010
    update:

I find this problem will happen in the chrome, IE9, if i use firefox, it won't happen.

more IE version and browser need test.
  • Hello, aniss42!

1) click on the firebug button at the bottom right corner of the FireFox window
    2) a window should pop up in the lower part of the screen
    3) if not selected, click on the Console tab
    4) click on the arrow next to 'Console' and select Show XMLHttpRequests if not selected already
    5) refresh the page of the forum with the upload dialog (ctrl + f5)
    6) try to upload a file - at least one line looking like:
    GET http://localhost/v/index.php?p=/post/checkupload/1285952177212_UploadAttachment_1/0&randval=0.14999688610715622
    should appear in the lower part of the screen.

Click on the + button at the left of this line, that should expand the XMLHttpRequest to the server, navigate to the Response tab in the newly expanded panel, select the response and post it here. Should look something like this:
    {"Progress":{"key":"1285952177212_UploadAttachment_1","uploader":"UploadAttachment_1","apc":"yes","progress":0,"total":-1,"format_total":"0B","cache":{"current":0,"total":-1}},"FormSaved":true,"DeliveryType":"VIEW","Data":"","StatusMessage":"","RedirectUrl":""}

Please let us know what you find or if something fails along the way.

Catalin
  • hi
    i try what u say ,but i havent the same log as u
    mine:
    --------------------------
    Permission refusée à d'obtenir la propriété Window.document de .
    http://khaledmekaoui.6te.net/vanillaforums-Garden-9b5a2ee/plugins/FileUpload/js/fileupload.js?v=2.0.9
    Line 308

---------------------
    its a denied permission error
    my last line

-------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

Bonk

Bonk

Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks.

---------------------------

so what can i do ??
  • beats me. @Tim , any ideas?
    aniss, can you add or uncomment the following line in your config.php file:

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

Then try the above again

• edited October 2010
    Hi @Tim,

I am having the same issue. I followed the direction above for using FireBug and this is the error I receive:
    uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]"  nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)"  location: "JS frame :: http://www.nihonken.org/forum/js/library/jquery.js?v=2.0.11 :: anonymous :: line 127"  data: no]

Line 0
    I'm running Vanilla Version 2.0.11 and FileUpload Version 1.2.1. I didn't see any XMLHttpRequests requests being sent when I selected my file for upload (tho I do see Vanilla's auto save XMLHttpRequests requests).

Any thoughts on what be causing this issue?

Thanks!
    ~Brad
  • As mentioned above:
    Works with Firefox =) But not with Chrome.
  • Ya mine is throwing the same exception as Brad's is
  • I think I found where it's messing up at, but I'm not sure starts at line 342 in the fileupload.js file. I base this upon using the breakpoints in firebug to see when i got the error.

if (ExecuteApcLookup) {
    var Action = ['post','checkupload',ApcKey,this.ProgressBars[UploaderID].Progress];

var FinalURL = gdn.url(Action.join('/')+'?randval='+Math.random());

jQuery.ajax({
    url:FinalURL,
    type:'GET',
    async:true,
    //data:{'Previous':Progress},
    success:jQuery.proxy(this.Progress, this)
    });
    }
  • Chmod your upload folder 777 and try again.
  • Ya it has alrdy been chmod to 777 =(
  • 777 is a *MAJOR* security hazard, 705 for directories and 604 for files should be adequate