Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error when deleting conversations

2»

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    I think we're pretty stumped, so I'm going to give you the "start over" solution:

Disable Conversations in the Dashboard
    Remove an references to Conversations in your config.php file
    Delete your ini files in your cache folder
    Upload an unmodified version of Conversations (back up your changed copy first)
    Enable Conversations in the Dashboard

Let's see if that fixes it.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I'm PMing her atm. My thinking is that, since Ellie was one of the very earliest adopters, she might still have Garden.Webroot defined in her config. Asked her to remove it.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Ohhh. Wow. Good thinkin'.

Lesson: Always replace config-defaults.php when upgrading.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    That would have been stored in config.php because we used to try to guess the root during install. We learned our lesson though, but now people who upgraded instead of fresh installed from our RC days are stuck with configs containing defined Webroots.

We suck :(

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    Lesson: Don't suck?

;)
  • There was no Webroot defined in my config file, probably because I had to reinstall at around 2.0.9. I also tried what @Lincoln suggested--that didn't work either. :\

You guys don't suck, you work hard. Tim has been a great help to me. I'm really sorry to be such a pain.

For what it's worth, I've been programming for a while, but have only been gaining field experience recently. Now I know that it's not the most glorious job ever.