Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Vanilla Core 2.0.17.x] Error - 'CategoryModel' not found

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
While installing vanilla locally, i am getting this error :

Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in E:\wamp\www\vanilla\applications\vanilla\settings\structure.php on line 60

Any recommendations?

Regards,
Abhishek
http://www.gtricks.com/forum/

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• I have the same problem. Does any one find a solution?
  • edited January 2011
    Im having the same problem as well. Would be great if someone had a solution to this problem.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Is this happening with 2.0.17.8 also?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Yes, this is happening with 2.0.17.8 as well :|
  • By the way i am able to install 2.0.17.7, but it ends up showing this error "Could not find a 'index' view for the 'discussions' controller in the '' application."
  • @deathroid try installing 2.0.17.8 please

• @UnderDog I am unable to install 2.0.17.8 due to the error "Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in E:\wamp\www\vanilla\applications\vanilla\settings\structure.php on line 60"
    2.0.17.7 installs but has this error "Could not find a 'index' view for the 'discussions' controller in the '' application."
  • 2.0.17.7 installs but has this error "Could not find a 'index' view for the 'discussions' controller in the '' application."
    That error is resolved in 2.0.17.8
    Now let's figure out why you get the CategoryModel error.
    Unfortunately, it looks like it's something in the configuration. I have a similar install (Xampplite, not Wamp) and I don't have the problem.

Are you familiar with looking at apache configurations?

• Umm no i am not familiar with looking at apache configurations sorry :|
  • @dtp56 are you familiar with looking at apache configurations?
    You are on linux, correct?

• Hi UnderDog, I'm afraid I don't know the answers, sorry, am comfortable editing code if I know what to look for etc but don't know php
  • edited February 2011
    Experiencing the same issue, worked fine locally via Apache and on a test Apache webserver, but on production via Nginx I get this error. I was using WAMP locally.

Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in /srv/www/(not important)/forums/applications/vanilla/settings/structure.php on line 60

I can look through logs, but I don't know if my configs will match up with Apache.
  • edited February 2011
    I have a temporary work around, I wouldnt reccomend anyone using this. But if you comment out

if ($CategoryExists) {
    $CategoryModel = new CategoryModel();
    $CategoryModel->RebuildTree();
    unset($CategoryModel);
    }

It will allow you to install it, and it should as far as i know run fine, but i havent tested this on a live forum, just on a localhost.
  • I have same issue.
  • I used your workaround deathdroid and it worked for me, I just uncommented it after I installed.
  • Ok, awesome. Im glad it worked for someone else as well.
  • Also worked for me. Thanks a lot!
  • aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    I made another database and it installation work liked a charm

• Look in your cache folder at the .ini files. They probably have the wrong path.
  • Hi: I tried commenting out the lines, but I just keep getting sent back to the install page.
    To follow up on ShawnM's suggestion, what are the paths supposed to be in the cache/.ini files?