HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 RC2 released

Comments

• Anyone else found, that after updating from the current stable version to this, that if they try to set the email confirmation role, it doesn't list the Confirm Email role in the selection box? I had to manually add the id of the role to the config file to set it correctly.

This doesn't happen with a clean install though.
    I confirm I didn't get the role either while upgrading. I will try a clean install now, but just in case... How do you add it role manually to the database?
  • Still waiting to find out too. I tried a few things, in

/conf/config-defaults.php

I found

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmail'] = FALSE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['ConfirmEmailRole'] = 4;

I changed the first to 'TRUE' The Role to '3' (it says Member is 4 so presumabley , 'applicant' would be '3'

Then went to register in dashboard and clicked confirm email, it still only had 'Member', 'moderator', & Admin as choices, so I tried Member, created an account, and was signed in instantly and able to post instantly.

It did pop a system message saying 'You must confirm your email' BUT, it still let me post, whats the point? I presumed 'confirm email' meant you couldnt do anything, UNTIL, you confirmed your email?
  • camocamo New
    edited October 2011
    OK second try, In roles&permissions, I created a new role called 'New'
    The only permissions I allowed were 'sign in' as suggested by @Todd and 'veiw discussions'.

Under Registration, I tick the 'Confirm email, and 'New' appears in the dropdown.
    Saved!

As before, Im instantly signed in and instantly able to post,. Do get sys message to confirm email.

Why was I signed in instantly and able to post instantly BEFORE confirming the email?

@Todd, did you mean 'DONT' give email confirmation role sign in permission ?

Does anything actually happen if they DONT confirm email?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    On vf.org, I don't have any "x new messages" on discussion anymore (Chrome 15/Windows). Same thing with SR Iron 13/Windows at work.

It doesn't help to what I have read or not :), and where I may answer some questions.
  • Yep, the "new" indicator has disappeared since 1 week. Also some other styling issues appeared at the same time.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @camo I achieved that desired result on .18b2 only. Maybe the programmers could take something from there. :)

The idea is to remove the permission to sign in to those who haven't confirmed their email yet. It worked for me, it even stopped a few Xrummers.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @luc @UnderDog That's an unrelated issue with the vf.org theme that'll hopefully get sorted soon.
  • @tedel Thankyou! :)
  • When is 2.0.18 hitting the streets?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @arpowers By the end of the month (probably - no promises)
  • AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    @Lincoln wow that pretty soon! can't wait! :D
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @luc @UnderDog That's an unrelated issue with the vf.org theme that'll hopefully get sorted soon.
    Yep, that would be good, because not having time to come often lately, I don't know what I've read or not, so basically I don't read anything, hence I don't reply :).
  • The error "ConnectName" with Facebook, and the "every time I log with twitter it changes the avatar image" problem, it's only me?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Thanks guys :). I might be able to catch up a little bit tomorrow.
  • camocamo New
    edited October 2011
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Did anyone file those on GitHub?
  • Since it doesn't look like it's in this release, any chance of a fix coming to either all the activity queries or a way to flat out disable all usage of the activities tables soon? Not using indexes to query a table with over 4million rows and the slow queries locking up mysql for 30-240s is pretty unbearable.

If I just nightly empty out the Activity table, will that horrible break vanilla? I see no other solution at this time.
  • edited October 2011
    No, I want to disable activity entirely. I pulled that commit out awhile, that fixed only one or two queries. The global activity page is also pretty bad, I removed any links in my theme to it to fix that as well.
    In general usage of the site there are still queries hitting the activity table, and rather slowly at that. It's really the only source of entries in my mysql slow query log.
  • @Lincoln the avatar issue wasn't filed on github because:

1. I assume it's the plugin rather than the core, The plugin should be adapted, instead of having to hack core files, or there will be hell upgrading to future vanilla releases.

2. its a minor inconvenience, certainly not critical, and given the turnaround on github issues, unlikely to be rectified before the next release is due anyway, which just might fix it.
This discussion has been closed.