Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

File Upload always shows Uploading.... and never finished

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Any further updates on this? I have the same problem on my new Vanilla install.

Attempting to gather useful information. Hope this is actually helpful:

c.extend.error jquery.js:28
    c.extend.parse JSONjquery.js:29
    Gdn_MultiFileUpload.Gdn_MultiFileUpload.Progress fileupload.js:374
    c.extend.proxy.b jquery.js:32
    b jquery.js:124
    c.extend.ajax.g.x.onreadystatechange jquery.js:129
    jquery.js:28 Uncaught Invalid JSON:

Vanilla Version 2.0.17.10
    FileUpload version 1.4.4
  • I see this issue (files never uploading) if the file I'm trying to upload is larger than upload_max_filesize.
  • Same here... has anyone fixed it?
  • I found an answer. It doesn't work with "public_vforg" theme. However it works with default Vanilla theme.
    So now can anyone fix that problem?
  • evolucjaevolucja New
    edited September 2011
    I successfully solved this issue. The problem is that it does work only with default theme. If you're using public_vforg theme you have to make sure that your footer part in default.master.tpl looks like:
    <div id="Foot"> <div><span>By Vanilla</span></div> {asset name="Foot"} </div>
    There must be tag inside. After some experiments with footer part all plugin that I had problems with started working.

Hope it'll help you too.
  • Solution!!

I had this bug too.

When I first uploaded the plugin (1.5.1) to my plugins folder I did it through Dreamweaver.

I decided to try using the older version (1.4.4) and see if that one worked. I didn't take any chances on the upload (sometimes Dreamweaver misses files) so I used Cyberduck just to be sure. I enabled it, and shazam! It works now!!

Maybe it was DW, or maybe it's the latest version of the plugin that has a bug.

I'll have to try the new version uploaded through Cyberduck and see if it still works.
  • I stumbled upon this in firebug while trying to upload a file:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Gdn_Upload::Parse() in /srv/www/nexus/ephemeral/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php on line 716

What can be the reason?
  • edited October 2011
    Same thing here, the Parse() class method doesn't seem to exist (undefined method Gdn_Upload::Parse())

Using Vanilla 2.0.17.10 and FileUpload 1.5.1 on a apache2 server.
    No theme, no APC
    Error Message from firedebug
    uncaught exception: Invalid JSON: Fatal error: Call to undefined method Gdn_Upload::Parse() in [forumroot]/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php on line 716
  • Hey folks, I'm having the same issue. Here's what Firebug reports:

uncaught exception: Invalid JSON: <br> <b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined method Gdn_Upload::Parse() in <b>/home3/theschp4/public_html/keyboardlover/forum/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php</b> on line <b>716</b><br>
  • has anyone figured out this problem of not being able to upload files to the discussions? I really need to get this fixed as soon as possible. Please help!
    FileUp always shows Uploading.... and never finished

how can i solve it?

thx for any reply :)
  • Where you can find the older version of the FileUpload, anyone know?
  • You guys, all. Are you using the original non modified Vanilla theme?
  • I am using the original Vanilla theme that came with it. I downloaded version 1.4.4 and the uploads work now..

Is there anyway to get the icon show the first page of PDF instead of just a plain white icon?
  • Solution!!

I had this bug too.

When I first uploaded the plugin (1.5.1) to my plugins folder I did it through Dreamweaver.

I decided to try using the older version (1.4.4) and see if that one worked. I didn't take any chances on the upload (sometimes Dreamweaver misses files) so I used Cyberduck just to be sure. I enabled it, and shazam! It works now!!

Maybe it was DW, or maybe it's the latest version of the plugin that has a bug.

I'll have to try the new version uploaded through Cyberduck and see if it still works.
    I need 1.4.4 version, can u post it?
  • I am using the original Vanilla theme that came with it. I downloaded version 1.4.4 and the uploads work now..

Is there anyway to get the icon show the first page of PDF instead of just a plain white icon?

You could get from below url

http://www.sans-concept.com/temp/FileUpload-144.zip
  • Please somebody help, can FileUpload work without installing the PHP APC extension? I really want to know if this is where the problem lies
  • yes, no need to install PHP APC extension.
  • yes, no need to install PHP APC extension.
    thank you but what version is your vanilla core?
  • edited January 2012

Yes you help. This is the solution that fixed the error for me. Thanks.

evolucja said:
    I successfully solved this issue. The problem is that it does work only with default theme. If you're using public_vforg theme you have to make sure that your footer part in default.master.tpl looks like:

By Vanilla
    {asset name="Foot"}

There must be tag inside. After some experiments with footer part all plugin that I had problems with started working.

Hope it'll help you too.