Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What editor do you use?

edited December 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
What editor you guys use to edit your php files with? I use editplus which only uses a color scheme, but are there any autocomplete editors? which can see php classes as real objects? (Like Visual Basic)

Comments

• I use Crimson editor on windows. On linux I use bluefish, sometimes gedit. I'm not really satisfied with bluefish and gedit so I'll look into something else. Also, phpedit is a disaster for me. But most of my editing work I do on windows as that means I'm designing and therefor I need to check in IE.
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2005

Smultron for me on OS X

• josjos
    edited November 2005
    edit: argh wrong post
  • jEdit www.jedit.org it's cool and for all OS'
  • I use Zend studio for the most part. Costs a good bit, but if you do it for a living then it's worth every penny.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Komodo
  • Seven responses and no love for Textpad?
  • Notepad.
  • Textpad when using windows.

Smulton when using my Mac.

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Komodo handles php oop intellisense the best of all the editors I've used. It wins hands down for that reason alone.
  • edited November 2005
    editpad, but I will probably switch to something better soon.
  • hear hear bergamot, textpad all the way (although how long has it been now since they put out a release? it's definitely not perfect :) )
  • Macromedia Homesite 5.5 (previously Alliaire) It's pretty good, very light weight and has all kinds of autocomplete and a quick menu functions.
  • edited November 2005
    i just purchased BBedit for my massive coding projects (its for MAC OS 10)
  • SciTE (linux and windows)

and VI of course.. ;)

• I used bbedit back when i was a mac addict, and i was brill all that time ago - but i had a look again recently while doing some contract work in a mac only design dept and it really hasn't progressed much in the last 7 years which supprised me as it was always a very forward looking piece of software. The PC boys were still stuck with notepad when it came out.
  • Notepad2 for most of my stuff... Dreamweaver when I am doing a lot...and Scite on occassion. When in linux I use gEdit and Bluefish.
  • moemoe
    edited November 2005
    VIM. (the first 4-8 weeks you hate it, doubt that you'll ever grok it. then you start wondering how you ever lived without it)
This discussion has been closed.