Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin request - User gallery

2»

Comments

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

barnsy said:
    Just wondering if there had been any progress on this? Anyone know of a plugin allowing users to have their own image gallery?

This seems related. Not sure if it fulfills the requirements in this thread though.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/picturegallery-plugin

• @mcu_hq - thanks for the reply. That plugin is close (and I had come across it), but individual user generated galleries is what I'm chasing (and I think many others judging by this thread).

• Sorry Guys, I was freelancing at the time of posting this, and I have since got a new job that requires crazy hours and constant travelling during the summer months. I am still going to school (online) and I barely have the time to do that work.

I will have more free time come fall and winter, and will hopefully be able to get back into development for Vanilla, which I dearly miss.

Until then, I cannot do much to help you out, unfortunately. Though that was my intention, @barnsy.

• +1 from here as well. I would be willing to pay for the development of a plugin like this.

• I'm pretty far along with the development of a gallery application. I will be ready to show a demo at the end of January. Anyone that wants to take a look can message me at that time. To clarify, my app will be a community gallery (like Photopost for Vbulletin) and not a personal album system, although the differences between these types of galleries/albums is minimal. Also it will only be for Vanilla 2.1.

• Ah, I was mostly interested in a combined user/community gallery. I run a website where designers and students show their work, so to us it's just as important to have an individual gallery.

• @superrune said:
    Ah, I was mostly interested in a combined user/community gallery. I run a website where designers and students show their work, so to us it's just as important to have an individual gallery.

Consider that you had an album or category in the community gallery "show off your work" where user photos are uploaded. All that would have to be done then is in the user profile have a tab or link for "show this users photos" and you just see that users photos. It's a simple filter of the public album. If that's all you want it could certainly be done.

• Cool - will be checking it out!

• Has anyone had any luck on this plugin? I would really love to have this on my forum, and would be willing to pay.
    I know it echos what other people have said, but it has been a while since the last post.
    I am trying to modify the Galleries plugin, but to no avail.

Thanks

• This looks to me to be a good stating point for someone in the know to expand into a plugin. There seems to be some interest in this so I'm sure we could all make a donation for development if someone is up for doing it.

• I would be more than willing to make a donation. I'm really pleased other people feel the same.
    Thank you.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited September 2013

We at VanillaSkins have a very versatile user gallery application for Vanilla 2.1+ in the making.

If you are interested please drop me a E-Mail to sales@vanillaskins.com, so i can collect your E-Mail to inform you about the development (for those not dropping in here frequently).

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla