Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

what version of vanilla 2.1 do you run?

Hi.
I wonder what version do you guys use when you tesymting vanilla 2.1? and what version is the most stable one of 2.1?

Comments

• Options

I am testing on 2.1a33. I figure you might as well use the latest.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

I am using 2.1a26 on my local machine for making a new theme. Its stable for me uptil now

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@peregrine, well I'm using 2.1a33 to bec I think it is the latest one and it should be the best one :P

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2012

As always, I use the latest version for everything I do. For theme devs who are tired of the new asset handler, this is a great workaround:

public function Base_Render_Before($Sender) {
        if ($Sender->MasterView == '' || $Sender->MasterView == 'default') {
            $Sender->AddCssFile("your-stylesheet.css");
        }
    }

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

@kasperisager Where do I add this code?

• Options

Your theme hooks (class.themehooks.php)

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options

@kasperisager I don't know if I'm blind, but when i looked, the only files that I can see is either (class.theme.php) or (class.hooks.php)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@zar3x
    I bleive kasper was saying....
    you create your own file themehooksfile in your theme folder.

with the code he suggested.

class.yourthemethemehooks.php

class.themehooks.php

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/169059/#Comment_169059

look in mobiletheme for an example

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine, well I understood that just now :P But thx anyway :)

• Options

in less than 37 minutes between posts - the bell rung and the light went off :)

• Options

Hehe yeh :)

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

The version is less important than the branch. Use 'master' for stability. Sometimes, like right now, not even the dev team is running the 'develop' branch on live sites because it's super unstable. If it's in master, we (mostly) trust it for our servers, anyway.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2012

Also... if you put a design/custom.css file in your theme it will get auto-included...

• Options

@Lincoln said:
    Also... if you put a design/custom.css file in your theme it will get auto-included...

...and concatenated with the rest of the stylesheets - I like this feature, but it quickly becomes annoying when you have to delete the cache files every time you make changes to your stylesheets. What I therefore personally do when developing themes locally, is add the stylesheets directly using the method I described earlier :-)

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@kasperisager Set 'DebugAssets' = TRUE in your config to stop the new asset handler from running while you're theming.

• Options

Awesomesauce, thanks!

• Options
    PamelaPamela ✭✭
    edited December 2012

@Lincoln said:
    kasperisager Set 'DebugAssets' = TRUE in your config to stop the new asset handler from running while you're theming.

Many thanks @Lincoln :) because it seems bugged at this point, in my case (2.1a33)