Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

About the Vanilla 2.1 release cycle

Comments

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@vaniller Even I have same problem, but I guess its more of compatibility issue.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @Lincoln: I haven't noticed the bug since disabling auto-refresh so it does seem to have been the cause. Got a bunch of other bugs to report but I might wait until 2.1 is released since they've probably already been fixed.

• @SubJunk wait till the beta comes out. Re-test your bugs on the Beta version and then report them? So they might fix them for the final version?

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

Beta? And when is that coming out? :p

• is there no exact timeframe for a stable 2.1 to be released to the public?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2013

@fr3333333x

Nope.

• @UnderDog: Thanks, will do.

@Lincoln: Actually the bug isn't completely gone, it just happened to me and I suspect it is because I clicked send while it was automatically saving the draft. Is that something we're expected to disable for a stable environment, too?

• Oh my, @subjunk! I'm worried as well about the auto-refresher... I do expect the stable version with it.

• @Lincoln I haven't had a chance to play around with it much yet. Are there any substantial default theme changes? I've integrated a web application into my forum and would like to know if I need to plan time to go over the theme changes in detail.

• @ddumont said:
    Lincoln I haven't had a chance to play around with it much yet. Are there any substantial default theme changes? I've integrated a web application into my forum and would like to know if I need to plan time to go over the theme changes in detail.

Can I answer a piece of this question? I know there are significant changes in the theme. They've made lots of changes in the CSS classes etc, etc. (I know this because of the discussions that I've monitored)
    There's a couple of excellent themes that were released in the meantime.
    Default theme has been changed from what they have in the current 2.0.18.4 release. They've added 2 new themes and in the themes directory of 2.1 there's a folder for 'backwards compatibility' (don't know what it does though).

From what I've read in the discussions the theme engine is one of the main thing they've changed.
    There's a Bootstrap theme that's quite nice, if you're interested, but I don't know what @kasperisager 's plans for that theme are.

• Thanks. Looks like I'm going to need to set aside some time when it hits gold.

• Hi all, just a simpy question. I have a strong database access and now my 2.0 is collapsing. Do you think 2.1 is already mature about the management of the database?

• @Lincoln said:
    fr3333333x Yes, there was a lot of SQL query optimization done. Also, if you're using memcached, there's a lot more support for caching too.

@Olivaw

• So how is it going?
    When should we expect realse?

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

Early 2017 would be my bet

• It's taking longer than I expected. :(

• @newhorizonte said:
    It's taking longer than I expected. :(

not everybody is as fast as you @newhorizonte at writing code and implementing new features :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited March 2013

@peregrine said:
    not everybody is as fast as you @newhorizonte at writing code and implementing new features :)

I hate how people on developer forums always get upset because of things that they shouldn't: I wasn't even complaining.

I'm only worried about the new version because we know almost nothing about it... Does it mean they're bad developers? Obviously not. Stop putting words in my mouth.

• @newhorizonte

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. nor was I upset. nor did I say they were bad. nor did I say you were complaining.

truce - before this gets blown out of proportion. If I could unpost my message I would.

I'm only worried about the new version because we know almost nothing about it.

you can download the new version from github and see for yourself how it is progressing and see how it works for you, which you probably have.

sorry about the joke, I misinterpreted " :) "

It's taking longer than probably most folks have hoped.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP