Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to post in the developers category...

What requirements do I need to meet to be able to post in the Developers Category?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@KevinHamilton

I think you have to convince the powers that be that you can contribute to the forum as a developer.

If you have a development related thread, perhaps start it as 'Feedback' rather than a question, and show your stuff.

• @Lincoln - are you the powers that be? Can you add me, please? Tim G. can vouch for me, methinks.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

What a world we've come to when I'm "the powers that be".

(done)

• Sorry if you're the wrong guy, I noticed you had set a thread in this forum to "Announce", so I figured you must part-time moderate here. Maybe you guys should install the cool "Mod List" plugin we've got over at PA.

• oh, and thanks by the way for taking care of it.

• Now all I need to do is get that 10-comments badge so I can get rid of this ridiculous avatar. I don't see any rules posted... hopefully there is no punishment for grinding posts for badges.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

hopefully there is no punishment for grinding posts for badges.

As long as the posts are relevant, I think. You could purchase the badges for .... oh, no you can't .... :(

• Oh, I'd bet if I put $20 on the table I could pick up the Insightful and Awesome badges pretty quick ;)

@Lincoln

Face it, like it or not, you are now a grown up.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@whu606 said:
    Face it, like it or not, you are now a grown up.

You take that back. :(

@whu606 I think "Snapperhead" means he is still a child , even if it is only in the inside ? Hey want to go in on a wager ? Kevin here is desperate to get some badges, for whatever unrealistic reason, the wager : How long he takes to gain 500 points.

I say one year and six months. Care to wager ? lol

• Hmm, considering Lincoln doesn't even have 500 points yet, I could see that being difficult on this particular board.

However, if we could take that wager over to my board....I've got a couple folks there that have accumulated 15,000 points in under 9 months.

@vrijvlinder

I'm 52, and I'm still constantly amazed to realise I am an adult.

Any day now Lincoln will find himself listening to a tune on the radio, or watching something on TV, and saying 'Is that what they're calling music nowadays?'

After which, it's a short hobble to afternoon naps (which, by the way, are the height of luxury, imo) comfy slippers and fleece wraps.

lol I think Lincoln does not need to have points like us commoners , what is the purpose behind getting points? To those who develop and create themes and apps for the community , it helps by way of establishing confidence in the product. I would only like getting the points if they were deserved due to the quality of the service and product.

edited March 2013

@whu606 said : I'm 52

Wow ! I thought I was the eldest in this community, was gonna ask someone to give me the Community Grandma Role lmao !

After which, it's a short hobble to.....

The grave :( ☩ ☨ ☦ ✞

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

Ha, I have you all beat.

• @GaryFunk said:
    Ha, I have you all beat.

You may have spoken too soon Gary. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Maybe. I wrote my first program in 1970 on an IBM 360.

edited March 2013

@GaryFunk said:
    Maybe. I wrote my first program in 1970 on an IBM 360.

So...that would make you....? 60 ? 62? lucky to be alive ?