HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feedback, Pledges, and Feature Requests - add them here.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013
    edited April 2013

here is a view of my mobile after adding panel and mobilefriendly true plus css, works perfect !!

edited April 2013

sorry I made a mistake on the first try and inserted instead of adding text...in any event it works fabulous !

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

Did you know that when you attach an image you don't have to insert it as well?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@martz

If you like @vrijvlinder's excellent solution, use that. I have another idea I want to code and test if you don't want to do it that way.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@martz said

I'd like to pledge a fair amount as well, though with one request: can you make it work in the default mobile theme as well? It should show up under its own tab and then have something like one line per badge, including both badge image as the explaining text (as hovering won't work on mobile devices).

the latest version (uploaded a few minutes ago, includes an ability to view badges from mobile devices from the profile tabs.

and it seems to be compatible with vanilla 2.1b1 and vanilla 2.0.18.4.

Since everyone has a different image it might be hard to have a visual for the image and a text explanation. Once users know the badges, from non-mobile view it should be self explanatory.

But if you send an image of how you would like it to appear, I can customize it for you.

Alternatively you could get the various badge icons into one image and it could easily displayed with a legend in mobile devices.

• Cool! I had no time to log in yesterday, but I come back and it is fixe and it looks wonderful! Thanks @vrijvlinder and @peregrine

Regarding the explanatory text; I did not realize that you could click on the badge and it takes you to the explanatory page. That works for both mobile and desktop, so no need to add texts there.

A few suggestions to improve Peregrine Badges further that would be welcome:

1. Add Charter and Anniversary badge to explanatory pages

2. Differentiate texts between the levels, show different text for levels 1, 10, 100 (the rest could be the same as 100, to make it easier)

3. Change layout of the explanatory page to:
      a) Show Badge Image
      b) Display title of badge (bold)
      c) Display explanatory text (not bold)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@martz said
    @peregrine

This plugin is just what I wanted for X-Mas :-) Thanks!

Thank you very much @martz for your second monetary donation :). It's xmas for me too.
    You get specialized custom support.

@martz said later:
    Cool! I had no time to log in yesterday, but I come back and it is fixe and it looks wonderful! Thanks @vrijvlinder and @peregrine

Yes you can use the update I added, which is totally different than the method V posted - Your choice.

@martz said later:
    A few suggestions to improve Peregrine Badges further that would be welcome:

Add Charter and Anniversary badge to explanatory pages

I can add charter, I'm still wondering if its worth the bother for anniversary.

Differentiate texts between the levels, show different text for levels 1, 10, 100 (the rest could be the same as 100, to make it easier)

give me some sample texts you would like to see for the different levels, for each of the designations, and I'll see what I can do.

Change layout of the explanatory page to: a) Show Badge Image b) Display title of badge (bold) c) Display explanatory text (not bold)

If it's not already there, I'll add some classes so you can change the class to the style you want to your hearts content.

next update might not be for a week or so.

• Thanks!

I think it is worth the bother to add anniversary, it makes the whole a consistent experience for users (why does it sometimes have a explanatory page and why sometimes it doesn't?) It is confusing for users.

Sample texts that I made up (sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker):

Comments
    1: First comment! Nice to see that you are getting involved!
    10: 10 Comments! You are getting the hang of it, keep it going!
    100: Nice to see you are staying with us and are contributing!

1: First Like: You received your first like! It can be the beginning of something beautiful!
    10: 10 Likes: People are starting to like the things you write, nice!
    100: Your posts are liked more and more, thanks for contributing awesome stuff!

Anniversary
    1: First Anniversary: Congratulations! Nice to see you like it here!
    2: Second Anniversary: Congratulations, you are starting to be part of the furniture!
    3: Third Anniversary: Congratulations, you are officially part of the furniture!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@martz said:
    Thanks!

I think it is worth the bother to add anniversary, it makes the whole a consistent experience for users (why does it sometimes have a explanatory page and why sometimes it doesn't?) It is confusing for users.

Sample texts that I made up (sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker):

Comments
    1: First comment! Nice to see that you are getting involved!
    10: 10 Comments! You are getting the hang of it, keep it going!
    100: Nice to see you are staying with us and are contributing!

1: First Like: You received your first like! It can be the beginning of something beautiful!
    10: 10 Likes: People are starting to like the things you write, nice!
    100: Your posts are liked more and more, thanks for contributing awesome stuff!

Anniversary
    1: First Anniversary: Congratulations! Nice to see you like it here!
    2: Second Anniversary: Congratulations, you are starting to be part of the furniture!
    3: Third Anniversary: Congratulations, you are officially part of the furniture!

Ok. I'll let you know when I have added your suggestions. and they will be in the next update.

I'll think of the proper translation for furniture :).

This plugin will be the most updated in the history of plugins :)

Soon it will become an application , I love it

(funny graphic)

• @vrijvlinder said:
    This plugin will be the most updated in the history of plugins :)

Soon it will become an application , I love it

(funny graphic)

well, if people want more features, and especially if they have donated, I have no other options then to update :). Although I could slow the update process down, perhaps, no more often than weekly, unless it is a bug.

Yea as soon as you let them know you can add features, the end never comes lol but it is good for progress I think. I mean if it can be done of course. You are like a magician with this stuff . Maybe you should have started with version 0.1.0.1b ;)

• ok. back to topic, plz Feedback, Pledges, and Feature Requests

• Fantastic work.

• I inserted this thread from
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/179790/#Comment_179790

@indianfootynet said

Hi @peregrine You are certainly doing an awesome job. I would say that I am amazed with what you have put together and in future when my site shows profit, I would definitely contribute some amount to you.

Thanks for the pledge to contribute, Contributions allow me to allocate time to help you guys.

I installed 2.1 version on 2.0.18.8. Everything works fine except for the summary page which returns a bonk error. Do you want me to show you the detailed error or is it that you are aware of it?

I am not aware of a problem. If you show me the detailed error, I can see what the problem is. First off did you disable and re-enable the plugin.

• Disabling and re-enabling worked! awesome! Thanks a lot for all your time mate :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

thx @indianfootynet

glad you solved it!

6 steps to making a plugin for you. :)

1. Read the plugin description details
    2. read the readme in the plugin
    3. disable plugin, update plugin, and re-enable plugin when changing versions
    4. look at a the settings and permissions - you may need to change something.
    5. repeat steps 1 - 2, and 4.
    6. repeat step 5.

• Had that problem too :/

Now it works perfectly

Really cool addition!

• @kirkpa31 said:
    Had that problem too :/

Now it works perfectly

Really cool addition!

thx. i pegged you as an adaptable learner and a guy who read readmes's and documentation :).