Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Bonk Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks*

aero77aero77 New
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm getting this way to often with this forum. Is it still beta or what ?

I have given up the wordpress integration, Im on the Facebook login part now and I've done everything correct, but on the last step of the facebook verification I end up with the infamous Bonk message again. I also get this message when I switch from the default theme and pretty much everything else!

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running? You should be running 2.0.18.8. This is the latest stable release.

As far as bonk errors, you need to report the actual error.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

My forum is getting a bonk, @aero77

• Its version 2.0.18.8

• report what error message ? I just get the bonk screen. nothing else

• 422422 Developer MVP

turn error reporting on

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I did this http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Bonk_Errors

But I still not getting any details

• tell us what you did in your own words and what you see now, so we don't have to chase down links to help you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• aero77aero77 New
    edited April 2013

I added this > $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php'; to my conf/config.php file

and I refreshed the page or tried to make the error appear again and I still get the user friendly error screen

• pt 1 answered.

now part 2?

what do you see after you added it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I see the blue userfriendly error page

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013
    • remove the .ini files from

/cache

• the reason you can't switch themes.
    • Also - I suspect you have problems with folder permissions in your

• try 755 for the folder below, if that doesn't work try 777

• cache/Smarty/compile folder

but you probably already know this because you searched the forum for:

theme bonk

before asking your question on bonk

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Please try $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';. This is a slight change.

You, or I, can update the wiki if this is the case.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

• Thank you guys. It seems to work after I removed the ini files and changed the permission on those folders.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@hgtonight said:
    Please try $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';. This is a slight change.

You, or I, can update the wiki if this is the case.

@hgtonight
    I think you should leave it as is with the wiki - it works fine when done properly.

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'deverror.master.php';

@aero77

Thank you guys. It seems to work after I removed the ini files and changed the permission on those folders.

cool.

• not in this case. How hard do you think it can be to copy that line into the config file ? It didnt work here.

• It depends on your Vanilla version. You also can add another line setting the debug setting to 'true'

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks. I will try do that next time I run into some errors. I love this forum btw :) I even like it better than vBulletin I used on my bigboard for 10 years lol :)

• @peregrine said:

• remove the .ini files from

/cache

• the reason you can't switch themes.
    • Also - I suspect you have problems with folder permissions in your

• try 755 for the folder below, if that doesn't work try 777

• cache/Smarty/compile folder

but you probably already know this because you searched the forum for:

theme bonk

before asking your question on bonk

Where is the /cache? Is it in httpdocs?

Thank you very much.