HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla-Team: Shouldn't you ban "mega6382" and his stolen addons.

2»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

mega, copying all or some parts of a work without permission from the author is stealing. The favicon is from the vanilla skins website. If the css was not written by you, then it is part of the original work.

• Options
    mega6382mega6382 Ultimate Programmer ✭✭

@vrijvlinder said:
    mega, copying all or some parts of a work without permission from the author is stealing. The favicon is from the vanilla skins website. If the css was not written by you, then it is part of the original work.

Well I am sorry for that.

• Options

And If someone have power so I will recommend him to delete these addons "stackoverflow" and "google".

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please write a note to @Todd asking to have them removed.

Write your own themes from scratch, it takes a long time and effort but it is more fulfilling than using someone else's ideas. And you could come up with much better ideas I am sure.

• Options
    TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013

@mega6382 said:
    And If someone have power so I will recommend him to delete these addons "stackoverflow" and "google".

Just a friendly reminder, remember to request http://vanillaforums.org/addon/sugar-theme be deleted; and then maybe you could study the design techniques used, to learn how to make your themes better.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    Notify those that have power (@Todd, Lincoln, UnderDog) and don't respond.

UnderDog slept while this topic was started. The problem needs to be dealt with by Todd & Lincoln

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@tama sorry dude but this theme is not on themeforest anymore and no one have the rights for it anymore and people might be looking for the theme like this so if anyone agree with me so I will keep it if no one agrees then I will also request for the removal of this theme.

• Options

OK the I have PM'd Todd. Abou the removal of these two themes.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hey guys,

Some of you know and it was already mentioned that i took over VanillaSkins.com just 2-3 months ago from @422. Needless to say that there was money as well in play. So i privately invested here to continue the work especially on new themes that should have a good quality.

The issue mega6382 is causing and that no one of the Vanillforums-Team is reacting is pure stabbing to us and those others that are damaged. The themes are online now for more than 14 hours. @businessdad informed me that the themes were already downloaded more than 50 times, sure some of you checked if it is copied and not all of them would have been buyers, but still this is far from how it should work.

I'm pretty out of words and thats a pretty setback in motivation. Needless to say the support issues i could encounter of people asking me why they should pay when it's for free.

@mega6382: You know you should paying me the problems you caused, the time it consumes and so on. Even though my family is a laywer family, raising a lawsuit is almost not possible with Pakistan. I'm pretty angry and sole excuse doesn't help at this amount of stupidity you bear.

Yeah, what should i say. At least i want to say thanx for raising the issue and expecially for guys like @Tama, @vrijvlinder and @x00 (and all of you) checking the downloads first hand and informing everybody.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@Tim already responded to me and is taking actions. Thanx!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Minion close the thread

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    MinionMinion Forum Robot Vanilla Forums - 1371071809 Admin
    Affirmative Tim. Closing thread...
This discussion has been closed.