HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Does Minion Really Work?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@Minion - System account.

Tim used it once to close thread.

Do we now have bots in Vanilla like on reddit?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

As far as I know, yes.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

wow wow wow.

@Lincoln muah.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I don't think it's open source. We made it for a client's site so we deployed it here too. Pretty sure you need special permissions to use it.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I would be surprised if any user could order @Minion around.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @minion write me a plugin, now.... or else

back up to your room this minute young lady! and no friends can come over to visit.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

@Lincoln

aside from closing discussions and fetching tea, can minion do anything else.

It's pretty amusing, - API or just testing for phrase in discussion executing action within event.

sounds like something fun to write for a few actions, :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's @Tim's pet project

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I actually thought Minion was a new Moderator , seemed nice enough lol even after Tim ordered him to close the thread lmao Great name for it .. him..

• @Lincoln said:
    It's Tim's pet project

Was minion the first plugin, and underdog an upgraded version.

@Tim did you also write the @underdog plugin, seems so much like a human moderator. Whoever programmed underdog is one heck of a coder. Emotions, common sense, and humor seem to be built in as well.

:)

@peregrine said before:

aside from closing discussions and fetching tea, can minion do anything else.

It's pretty amusing, - API or just testing for phrase in discussion executing action within event.

sounds like something fun to write for a few actions, :).

@hgtonight said:
    I would be surprised if any user could order Minion around.

@Minion, mark @hgtonight with lol....

waits.....waits... waits.............

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

@minion get me out of this thread for any future responses. We'll see if that works,

maybe it works with key words like Open Sesamo !

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@Lincoln said:
    Minion fetch me a Twinings Irish Breakfast tea, splash of milk

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. Have you tried with sudo?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@businessdad I once bought a coworker a signed copy of that. ;)

edited July 2013

@businessdad ... maybe you should have used this one signori

• @Lincoln said:
    businessdad I once bought a coworker a signed copy of that. ;)

did you bring him the sandwich too!

@peregrine said:
    minion get me out of this thread for any future responses. We'll see if that works,

Nope !

• I got forced back in. minion made me do it.

edited July 2013

All complaints and suggestions including business model suggestions contact@Minion.Vanilla.ru