Forum Post 'Ettikett' - Etiquette !
I am sure I posted this a while back, but anyhoo here goes.
- post a descriptive title. Not just xyz - does not work
- post as much information relating to the issue, and demonstrate the issue you are encountering.
- add additional information, such as the vanilla version you are running.
To expand. Titles.
Try and use the title as the neon sign to grab attention, not the opportunity to be as brief a possible. Example:
- Bad: header wrong
Good: Help needed with positioning header banner on "sunshine" theme
Bad: forum doesnt work
- Good: Bonk after I installed "kiss me quick" plugin
To expand. Description.
Express the exact issue you have. Example.
- Bad: Installed "sunshine" theme and its broken.
- Good: I am running 22.214.171.124 vanilla forum, I installed "sunshine" theme and I am having alignment issues, please see screenshot below. Here is a link to the site etc etc, any help appreciated.
Use please and thankyou. Be helpful with questions asked by repliers to your threads and posts. Click like, awesome whatever to show additional gratitude.
Expectations of you and repliers.
- dont ask a question then disappear without a trace.
- if you ask a question, check back regularly to see replies.
- be prepared to get your hands dirty, and show some code and or give additional information.
Above all be patient, theres no wrong way to ask a question. But seemingly theres a billion ways of not answering it correctly, you can mitigate and minimise those proportions, for everyone.
By being detailed in your requests, problems or issues.
Oh and ...
If you fix something you asked about, be a good boy or girl, and post HOW you did it, so that others venturing onto your thread, can see how you achieved it.
Lastly, 99.99999999% of members posting on the forums, do so for free, and get NO recompense from Vanilla Inc. So be aware that helping ppl is a community initiative, that we all enjoy and support ... including you
have fun, apologies for any spieling messtikes as I am on a bloody iPad.