HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Official Basic Pages Feedback Thread

ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
edited August 2013 in Feedback

Basic Pages is an application that provides a way for you to create basic public pages for static content in Garden.

Post general questions and feedback about this application here.

Thank you for checking out the Basic Pages application!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited August 2013

I have to admit... cool shit! :)

Great and good successor for Custom Pages as Mark wrote here:
    "Lets you add custom pages to your Vanilla forum. This is really a stop-gap solution until we can get something a little more user-friendly."

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited August 2013

@phreak: Thank you for your comment! :)

Version 1.1 of Basic Pages has been released.

Notable changes include:

• Options fly-out menu with a link to edit the page is now shown when viewing a page.
    • Setting for showing link to a page in header site menu is now saved in the database.
    • Small optimizations and extra HTML classes added for the pages.

Updating from version 1.0:

Simply download version 1.1, replace all the files of the application with the new ones, and re-enable the application.

• If you get an error page when viewing your forum, you will need to run /utility/structure to add the new SiteMenuLink column to the database table.
    • If you already have pages with the header menu link setting checked in 1.0, you will need to recheck them.
    • The conf.php setting $Configuration['BasicPages']['Pages']['ShowSiteMenuLink'] is no longer used and you can remove it from your config if it still exists.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am really pleased by how this feels. It really feels like an organic add-on. It still feels Vanilla!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2013

I have been mighty busy lately , but will have some pages as soon as possible .. Great app to have for sure.

Mil Gracias !!

• I installed 1.1 on a fresh install of Vanilla (Version 2.0.18.8), and after enabling it, I get the error below when I visit the Settings page for.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Gdn_Theme::Section() in /srv/data/web/vhosts/forge.cnfsd.org/htdocs/vanilla/applications/basicpages/controllers/class.pagessettingscontroller.php on line 268

Have I missed a prerequisite? Would really appreciate any pointers.

I think this has to do with the routings, try disabling and re enabling the plugin.

edited August 2013

@Days said:
    I installed 1.1 on a fresh install of Vanilla (Version 2.0.18.8), and after enabling it, I get the error below when I visit the Settings page for.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Gdn_Theme::Section() in /srv/data/web/vhosts/forge.cnfsd.org/htdocs/vanilla/applications/basicpages/controllers/class.pagessettingscontroller.php on line 268

Have I missed a prerequisite? Would really appreciate any pointers.

Go ahead and remove the line that says Gdn_Theme::Section('Dashboard'); near the end of /basicpages/controllers/class.pagessettingscontroller.php. It is a new method added since Vanilla 2.1 development and it is not required for the application to work. Please let me know if the error goes away.

edited August 2013

@Days, never mind my last post. The Basic Pages application requires Vanilla 2.1b1 or newer.

Version 1.2 of Basic Pages has been released.

Changes include:

• A requirement for Vanilla 2.1b1 or newer.
    • Page body formatting can be disabled, allowing the output of raw HTML.
    • Some minor bug fixes.

Updating from version 1.1:

Download version 1.2, replace all the files of the application with the new ones, and then re-enable the application.

• If you get an error page when viewing a page, you will need to run /utility/structure to add the new RawBody column to the database table.
    • The file /basicpages/controllers/class.pagescontroller.php (that is pages with an 's') has been renamed and you can remove it from the /basicpages/controllers directory if it still exists.

edited August 2013

Version 1.3 of Basic Pages has been released.

Changes include:

• Fix for the problem that comes up when you have text formatting plugins other than ButtonBar enabled that break the format value of the page body text box and don't load CSS assets in the admin dashboard. The HTML format is now used for all pages. A button bar is shown when creating and editing a page if you have the ButtonBar plugin enabled.
    • Added body class for each page.
    • Minor bug fix with page meta description tag.

Updating from version 1.2:

Download version 1.3, replace all the files of the application with the new ones, and then re-enable the application.

edited August 2013

Thank you, @hgtonight, for helping test the application before it was released.

edited August 2013

Version 1.3.1 of Basic Pages has been released.

Fixed a bug for the page format not getting saved by adding a hidden field with the format value.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

Will this ever be able to work on earlier Version 2.0.18.8. As the latest download on here and my Hosting with Bluehost is 2.0.18.8.

• @DenisS said:
    Will this ever be able to work on earlier Version 2.0.18.8. As the latest download on here and my Hosting with Bluehost is 2.0.18.8.

It won't be able to work on 2.0.18.8. I suggest giving Vanilla from the 2.1 branch on GitHub a try, and if you find no problems with your installation, then make a backup of your 2.0.18.8 install and upgrade to the 2.1 branch.

edited August 2013

@Days and @DenisS, Basic Pages 1.4 will be released soon. It will support Vanilla 2.0 versions and has been tested on 2.0.18.8.

edited August 2013

Version 1.4 of Basic Pages has been released.

Changes include:

• Vanilla 2.0 is now supported. This release have been tested on 2.0.18.8.
    • Every page has a proper canonical URL now.

Note: some extra functionality found in Vanilla 2.1+ cannot and will not be backported to 2.0 due to framework restrictions.

Updating from version 1.3:

Download version 1.4, replace all the files of the application with the new ones, and then re-enable the application.

Thank Shadowdare, I installed a basic pages http://www.basicpages.org/ on one of my forums and was just writing the pages when i see yours here. I'll download the your 1.4 now and see how i get on.

edited August 2013

I have had a look at this, I have tried with HTML and basic text. I'm getting this error:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home3/hannahas/public_html/udon-expatsforum/applications/basicpages/controllers/class.pagecontroller.php on line 98

This is line 98>>
    $DefaultControllerRoute = Gdn::Router()->GetRoute('DefaultController')['Destination'];

I don't know what to do about it

Sorry using Ver 2.0.18.4 and basic pages ver 1.4

edited August 2013

I'll try and figure it out but i won't hold my breath while doing it!

• @DenisS, the first step to troubleshooting any problem is to use the latest recommended version of Vanilla. The latest stable version is 2.0.18.8 and introduces fixes for security vulnerabilities.